In this article, we will show you how to view YouTube videos in HDR mode on your iOS or Android smartphone.
How to watch YouTube in HDR on iOS and Android?
Do the following to view YouTube in HDR on your smartphone.
- Open the YouTube application on your iPhone or Android.
- Click on a video you want to watch.
- Click on the video to reveal the on-screen controls, and then press the three dots button in the upper right corner.
- Choose Quality from the menu that appears.
- Choose one of the resolutions that include “HDR”.
Is my smartphone compatible with HDR?
Although all modern devices can decode an HDR video file, your device must use a display capable of rendering HDR content natively. Otherwise, you will only see HDR content dithered to a standard 24-bit color (8 bits per sample).
- How to upload a video to YouTube from PC, Android, and iPhone?
- How to use the equalizer on YouTube Music?
When it comes to watching YouTube in HDR on iOS, your options are limited to the YouTube mobile app on the latest iPhones. In the case of Android something similar happens, only the most modern 1 or 2-year-old devices here are capable of playing with this technology.
HDR mode vs normal mode in YouTube videos
Below you can see two different image quality of the same picture. HDR mode improves the quality of the photos or videos you take. We can watch videos on Youtube HDR mode and those settings are very easy.