If you don’t know how to recover your contacts on WhatsApp when you buy a new smartphone, this guide will help you out. Smartphones as well as other devices today have a reduced usage time compared to previous decades’ devices. When you change your smartphone you don’t want to lose all of your contacts, Whatsapp does the job for you, you just need to follow some series of steps. WhatsApp has a quite simple and effective procedure.
- How to change the mouse cursor in Windows 10?
- How to mark all of your emails as read on the iPhone?
- How to use WhatsApp shortcuts to protect your privacy?
How to recover your contacts on WhatsApp?
Before you get rid of your old phone, you should make sure that you have all your contacts saved. This way you won’t have to worry about transferring your contacts one by one. Just follow these steps:
- Enter the app from your old mobile.
- Once you are inside, click on the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Then find the “Chats” section.
- At the end of this list, you will find the option “Backup”, click on it.
In this window, you can see the date of the last backup, as well as some other settings. You can also backup the videos, photos, messages, and stuff from there. But if you choose to backup all files, we recommend you to use a Wi-Fi connection because the size might be much larger.
- Check the data and press “Save”.
After these steps, the contacts, chats, pictures, and videos (optional) will be uploaded to the space available in your personal Google Drive cloud. If you already have a previous copy, it will be overwritten.
The process may take a while depending on your Internet connection speed. When it’s over, you can stop using your old mobile.
When you have your new smartphone active, follow these steps:
- Access the “Play Store” application and download WhatsApp.
- Be sure to insert the SIM card into your new device.
- Once it is installed, open Whatsapp and enter the phone number.
- In the configuration process, an option will appear asking if you want to restore the backup files.
- Press “OK”.
- Wait a few moments and all the information you had in the previous WhatsApp will be transferred to the new one.
This way you’ve learned how to recover your contacts on WhatsApp, if you follow these steps carefully, there should be no problems.