How to install Huawei AppGallery on any Android smartphone? Huawei’s mobiles may not be able to install the Google Play store, but the opposite is possible. Any Android mobile can download and install AppGallery. And it’s an extremely simple process that opens the door to most of Huawei’s applications.
Huawei decided to boost its mobile services, store and applications, all around the AppGallery due to the U.S restrictions. And the best thing is that it is not exclusive to Huawei phones as it can be installed on most Android phones.
- How to uninstall applications in Windows 10?
- How to hide files and folders in Android with a simple trick?
- How to change the Google Maps arrow for a car on iOS and Android?
How to install Huawei AppGallery on any Android smartphone?
This is possible thanks to Huawei’s service called HMS (Huawei Mobile Services), it is a form of a framework that works without the need for a specific system layer. Huawei AppGallery can be installed on most Android phones, as we said. We have successfully tested it on a Google Pixel 4a for example.
The process is very simple and is guided by the AppGallery itself, just follow the steps:
- Download the store’s APK from Huawei’s official website.
- Install the AppGallery, start it, and accept the permissions.
- The store will tell you that you need to update it. Login: you must give AppGallery permission to install APKs, it is essential to download their applications.
- Once you update AppGallery it will tell you to install the HMS Core, necessary for the store to work. It will send you to Google Play.
- When you install the HMS Core you will have to update it, surely you will get an error and forced shutdown. Upgrading to the latest version fixes it: go to the icon at the bottom right labeled ‘Me’, check for pending updates, and download and install HMS Core.
- Once you have the AppGallery and the HMS Core updated everything will be ready for you to download and install all the apps that the Huawei store has.
- The installation and update process of all the AppGallery dependent modules is guided, so you just need to install the original Huawei APK and everything else will go smoothly. Then you have all its store at your fingertips: you can download the applications and take advantage of everything that Huawei offers, including its own apps.
You don’t need to register with a Huawei account to install the store’s applications, although it’s recommended if you want to keep track of everything you use, especially if you use several mobiles. This way, you’ve learned how to install Huawei AppGallery on any Android smartphone.