How to prevent a WhatsApp contact from seeing our profile picture? WhatsApp continues to evolve its privacy and security features, such as the addition of fingerprint protection and other mechanisms. However, it has not yet been fine-tuned to the extent that it can apply specific restrictions to particular contacts.
- Whatsapp will bring the “vacation mode” soon
- New storage management tool came to WhatsApp
- WhatsApp will stop working on some phones in 2021
We will now show you how to make a specific contact (or several) unable to see our profile picture, either because we simply don’t want to or because we detect that they are stalking us. Be that as it may, WhatsApp does not include a concrete option for this but we can fix it with a couple of easy tricks.
How to prevent a WhatsApp contact from seeing our profile picture?
The simplest and also the most restrictive trick. Blocking a contact in WhatsApp will automatically make it unable to see our profile picture and status. What happens is that we will not be able to continue talking to that contact either, because communications through WhatsApp are completely will be completely blocked, and maybe that is not our intention.
Anyway, blocking a contact on WhatsApp is as simple as following these steps:
- We open a conversation with the contact, existing or new.
- We go to the three vertical buttons to display the options of the conversation.
- Click on ‘View contact’.
- Go down to the bottom and click on ‘Block contact’.
- Check that you want to block and that’s it.
This is the least restrictive option to prevent a person from seeing our profile picture. But if you want to be able to talk with that person too, there’s a second way. But you will not be able to see the profile picture of that person either.
We need to do some settings to be able to prevent a WhatsApp contact from seeing our profile picture, just follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and go to the ‘Settings’ (in the vertical points at the top right).
- Once you are in Settings go to ‘Account’.
- Now we have to access to ‘Privacy’.
- The second option here will be ‘Profile picture’, click on it and specify that you only want your contacts to see it. This is done by selecting ‘My contacts’.
That’s it, we have limited who will be able to see our profile picture. We have specified to WhatsApp that only those people who we have in the contacts of the phone or WhatsApp itself will be able to see it, which are the ones that the app recognizes when linking names with their accounts and allowing us to establish conversations.
Once we have established that only our contacts will be able to see our profile picture, we will only have to delete the contact that we do not want to see it from our contact list. It’s as simple as that. This way the conversation will remain open and active but our profile picture will be invisible to that person. Thanks to these easy steps you’ve learned how to prevent a WhatsApp contact from seeing our profile picture.