How to change the WiFi that Google Chromecast connects? Unlike other solutions on the market, Chromecast requires a constant Internet connection to function properly. In fact, the only function of the device is to receive content from other devices connected to the same WiFi network, such as cell phones, tablets and computers with Google Chrome. The problem comes when we need to change Google Chromecast’s WiFi network, either because we have a new installation or because the coverage is not correct. On this occasion, we will answer this question: “How do I change the WiFi network on my Google Chromecast”
- How to connect an iPhone to Google Chromecast?
- Chromecast with Google TV is here: specs, price and release date
- How to move the address bar in Chrome for Android?
Why won’t my Chromecast connect to my new WiFi / How do I connect my device to a new modem?
If you’ve setup a new WiFi network and your Chromecast doesnt connect to it, you need to alter settings or reset your device. Before this, you should also make sure your Chromecast is connected to the same WiFi with you. Then you can proceed with the following steps.
How to change the WiFi network connection on Google Chromecast?
To change the WiFi network of Google Chromecast, follow these steps:
- The first thing we will have to do is turn on the device and make sure it is connected to the old WiFi network.
- Then, open the Google Home application on your phone or tablet and click on your Chromecast.
- Once you are in, the next thing we’ll have to do is clicking on the WiFi section and finally on Forget.
- After removing the network from the device, the system will display the initial screen that appears on the first startup of the device to start searching for new WiFi networks within the range of the device. Otherwise, we will go back to the main Google Home screen and click again on the + icon to add a new device.
How do I reset my Google Chromecast WiFi network?
We can also choose to reset the Chromecast settings completely by clicking on the three points in the top bar and on Restore Factory Status.
From this point on, the configuration process does not differ from the initial configuration process of the device: selecting a WiFi network, duplicating the alphanumeric code shown on the TV to confirm synchronization. However, we must not forget that the device is only compatible with 2.4GHz WiFi networks, at least the most basic version.
After finishing the configuration, we will be able to use all the functions of the device in the new WiFi network as long as we have completed the process correctly. This way you’ve learned how to change the Wi-Fi that Google Chromecast connects.
How do I connect my Chromecast to a new WiFi without a Google Home?
By setting a new Wi-Fi network on Google Chromecast, you can still connect to it without using the Google Home App. Your TV will show you instructions on how to turn on your Google Home App to connect to a WiFi network. If you want another option, follow these steps:
- Reset your Chromecast to Factory Settings, so that you have default settings. But mind you, this will delete all your data and the process cannot be reversed. First make sure that your Chromecast is plugged into the TV and hold the button on Chromecast for 25 seconds or until the solid red LED light turns into flashing red light.
- The LED light will start to blink white and your TV screen will go blank. When you see this, you should release the button.
- Now the device will begin to reboot.