In this article we will show you how to install the popular streaming app Disney + on your Android TV. The landing of Disney + in Europe has brought the video platform to a lot of devices, including players and TV sets with Android TV. Disney + is available for Smart TVs, Android phones and tablets, iPhone, iPad, PlayStation 4 and, of course Android TVs. You can install Disney + from the Google Play Store or from an APK file.
How to install Disney + on Android TV from Google Play Store?
Since Android TVs have the Google Play Store, you can just search and install the app. You can also go to the Google Play store from a web browser using this link. Then select your Android TV in the list of available devices that you have registered in your Google account.
Once you install Disney +, log in with your streaming platform account and there you have it.
How to install Disney + on an Android TV using .APK file?
Some users might see that their Android TVs don’t support the app but there is a way to solve it: install the APK. This is a longer process since the Disney + installation file is not a simple APK, but is distributed in several packages, which is called APK bundles.
- If you have a mouse, plug it in, because this is longer and it will make the process easier for you.
- Access the Disney APKM file in APK Mirror and download it. Then upload it to your Google Drive.
- Download the APKM file installer (APK Mirror Installer ) and also upload it to your Google Drive.
- Now install the TV File Commander file manager from the Google Play Store.
- Open the file manager and go to the Google Drive section. Sign in with your Google account.
- Enter Google Drive, press and hold on the APKM from Disney + and wait for the copy and paste tools to appear (the icons will appear above). Click on the copy button.
- Exit to the main menu of TV File Commander and paste the file in the ‘Download’ folder of the ‘Internal storage’.
- Once Disney + is pasted, go back to your Google Drive, find the ‘APK Mirror Installer’ app that you uploaded and click on the file. Accept the installation of apps so that TV File Commander can install applications from outside Google Play.
- Once you finish installing APK Mirror Installer, click ‘Open’ button.
- Click on ‘Browse files’, click on the Disney + file and then click on ‘Install package’.
- Click on ‘Install app’.
- Follow the installation steps and you can start using Disney + on your Android TV.