At the much-anticipated Google I/O event, Google finally showed off its artificial intelligence–powered tool, the Google Magic Editor. This state-of-the-art software will allow users to make intricate adjustments to their photos without resorting to expensive, professional software.
Magic Editor’s amazing capabilities are displayed by quickly and easily altering an image by repositioning subjects and changing the background. Google’s continuing attempts to simplify and improve the photo editing experience using the power of AI are reflected in this product.
What is Google Magic Editor?
The Google Magic Editor is a brand-new addition to Google Photos that employs AI to aid in the editing process. You don’t need to be an editing specialist to make extensive changes using Magic Editor. Photo editing software allows you to do things like crop out distractions, alter the background, or reposition the subject.
Some of Magic Editor’s capabilities include:
- Remove unwanted objects: Magic Editor can remove unwanted objects from your photos, such as people, animals, or objects.
- Change the sky: Magic Editor can change the sky in your photos to any color you want. You can also add clouds, stars, or other effects.
- Reposition the subject: Magic Editor can reposition the subject of your photo to any location in the frame. You can also change the scale of the subject.
- Improve the lighting: Magic Editor can improve the lighting in your photos by making them brighter, darker, or more colorful.
- Fix blemishes: Magic Editor can fix blemishes on your skin, such as wrinkles, acne, and dark circles.
- Enhance colors: Magic Editor can enhance the colors in your photos by making them more vibrant or saturated.
- Add effects: Magic Editor can add effects to your photos, such as filters, borders, and text.
Even though it’s still in beta, Magic Editor is already a robust program that can help you make gorgeous photographs. Now accessible on Pixel phones, it will roll out to more devices in the near future.
Here are some additional details about how Magic Editor works:
- Magic Editor uses a combination of AI techniques, including generative AI, to make edits to your photos.
- Generative AI is a type of AI that can create new content, such as images or text.
- Magic Editor uses generative AI to create new parts of your photos, such as people, objects, and weather.
- Magic Editor is still under development, but it’s a powerful new tool that can help you improve your photos.
For more information, click here.
What can you do with Google Magic Editor?
Here are some examples of what you can do with Magic Editor:
- Reposition the subject of your shot: If you’re not happy with the composition of your photo, you can use Magic Editor to reposition the subject. For example, you could move a person to the center of the frame, or you could zoom in on a specific object.
- Remove unwanted objects: If there are any unwanted objects in your photo, you can use Magic Editor to remove them. For example, you could remove a person from the background, or you could remove a stray object from the foreground.
- Change the weather in your photo: If you’re not happy with the weather in your photo, you can use Magic Editor to change it. For example, you could make it sunny if it’s raining, or you could make it snowing if it’s sunny.