Lenovo Yoga Book 9i is presented at CES 2023, which features dual OLED screens and is the first laptop to have this design. While dual monitor setups are popular, this laptop offers a unique take on the concept by including two screens in a tall laptop form factor.
The Consumer Electronics Show 2023 is typically filled with exciting laptop concepts, but the Lenovo Yoga Book 9i stands out as a unique product. The Yoga Book 9i provides a truly one-of-a-kind experience with its two OLED displays, customizable keyboard, and virtual trackpad. The 13.3-inch displays are not just high-resolution and HDR-compatible, but also include four Bowers & Wilkins speakers and Dolby Atmos support.
Lenovo Yoga Book 9i specs
Lenovo Yoga Book 9i laptop is a hybrid device that combines elements of both laptops and tablets. It has a detachable keyboard that can be attached to the front of the device in a few different configurations: it can be attached with the two screens stacked vertically, attached with the screens spread open like a book, or placed on top of the lower screen to be used like a traditional laptop. This device is known for its unique features.
We say slightly because using the keyboard in this way either means a keyboard in the front setup like the Asus Zenbook Pro 14 Duo OLED or sliding it forward to get a virtual trackpad in front, which is reminiscent of another quirky Lenovo laptop that had a lot of compromises. If that’s not enough ways to use it, you can just remove the keyboard from these configurations and use it wirelessly. Lenovo may refer to this device as a laptop, but it is essentially a tablet with a variety of options for transforming it into different laptop-like shapes.
The main attraction of the Lenovo Yoga Book 9i laptop are its double stacked OLED screens. These two panels offer 2.8K resolution, HDR, multitouch gestures, and are 13.3 inches in size with a 16:10 aspect ratio, providing additional vertical space. The screens also feature four Bowers & Wilkins-branded speakers, including two tweeters, that support Dolby Atmos. Despite the variety of keyboard and virtual trackpad arrangements available, the screens are the standout feature of this device.
Despite its large size and potential for instability, the Lenovo Yoga Book 9i laptop and its kickstand fold down into a fairly compact package, similar to carrying a regular 13-inch laptop and a mini portfolio with a pen. Lenovo believes this laptop is ideal for hybrid and on-the-go productivity, so you can be the most stylish person at the cafe while working on tall spreadsheets. Unless, of course, someone else brings in an even larger device.
Lenovo Yoga Book 9i price and release date
The Lenovo Yoga Book 9i laptop will be available starting in June at a price of $2,099.99. It will be equipped with a 13th Gen Intel Core i7-U15 processor, Intel Iris Xe graphics, 16GB of RAM, and a 512GB or 1TB SSD. The laptop also includes a pen for taking notes or drawing on either display.
The official pricing shared by Lenovo is listed below:
- The Yoga Book 9i (13”, 8) will start at $2,099.99 and is expected to be available starting June 2023.
- The Yoga AIO 9i (32”, 8) will start at $1,799.99 and is expected to be available starting in Q3 2023.
- The Lenovo Tab Extreme will start at $1199.99 and is expected to be available late 2023.
- The Lenovo Smart Paper will start at $399.99 and is expected to be available late 2023.
- The Yoga Slim 6i (14”, 8), known as Lenovo Slim 7 (14”, 8) in the U.S., will start at $729.99 and is expected to be available starting April 2023.
- The refreshed Yoga 9i (14”, 8) will start at $1,499.99 and is expected to be available starting April 2023.
- The refreshed Yoga 6 (13”, 8) will start at $729.99 and is expected to be available starting April 2023.
- The refreshed Yoga Slim 7i Carbon (13”, 8) is not available in North America. Contact local PR representative for local pricing and availability.
If what you are looking for is a gaming beast, meet Alienware’s X16 and M18!