Professor Matilda Weasley is the new deputy headmistress in Hogwarts Legacy. The Deputy Headmistress in Hogwarts Legacy has very clear ties to some of Harry Potter’s most adored characters, as revealed by the game.
The release date of Hogwarts Legacy is rapidly closing. As more and more characters are unveiled each day, many players have been wondering if they will come across a relative of one of Harry Potter’s main characters. It was already known that the upcoming Hogwarts Legacy Headmaster would be a distant relative of Sirius Black. Still, now we know that the Deputy Headmistress would also share a connection to one of the show’s most beloved characters.
Professor Matilda Weasley: Hogwarts Legacy’s new deputy headmistress
According to Hogwarts Legacy, Professor Matilda Weasley will be the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts. Hogwarts Legacy will continue to expand upon the legacy of the Weasleys, who are already among the most famous Wizarding families in the Harry Potter series.
Professor Matilda Weasley, played by Lesley Nicol, will act as the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts in the video game’s canon continuity. She is a Weasley. Therefore, she has the characteristic red hair of the family, and she will likely act as a guide to the player, especially because Headmaster Phineas Nigellus Black is known for his callousness. Matilda, unlike Phineas, has never been mentioned in any of the Harry Potter canons, leaving her and the other Hogwarts Legacy professors’ fates up to the game’s developers. At the beginning of the game, though, she will almost certainly play a significant role in easing the player into their new life at Hogwarts.
— Hogwarts Legacy (@HogwartsLegacy) January 11, 2023
Players have a lot to look forward to with Matilda because, while a Weasley was expected in Hogwarts Legacy, she was not what most people had in mind when coming up with early hypotheses. Matilda will likely display many of the characteristics that identify a Weasley, working heroically to conquer any problems she and the player may face, having been sorted into Gryffindor as is tradition for a Weasley. Fans will have to wait for the release of Hogwarts Legacy to find out the outcome of her connection with Slytherin Headmaster Phineas, which has the potential to mimic that of Severus Snape and Albus Dumbledore.
Although the game will feature a number of iconic figures like Peeves the Poltergeist, Matilda Weasley’s participation is what will truly set Hogwarts Legacy apart. Both new and old fans of the Harry Potter series will recognize her last name, and the game may even mimic the antics of Ron, Molly, and Ginny Weasley through Matilda’s own character traits.
Who is Professor Matilda Weasley?
Transfiguration is one of Professor Weasley’s focuses, but she got her start in the magical world as a Cursebreaker for the British Ministry of Magic. She commands respect because to her cool demeanor and exceptional wand skills. She, like the rest of the Weasley family in the original Harry Potter books, was sorted into Griffindor during her time as a student at Hogwarts.
Matilda Weasley, the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, assists the player in getting caught up on their schoolwork. She’ll also show the protagonist the Room of Requirement and hand them a copy of the Wizard’s Field Guide.
Other Hogwarts Legacy characters and professors
We also know about more characters from earlier tweets and gameplay videos for Hogwarts Legacy.
- Professor Fig. lectures magical Theory. A wizard or witch would be surprised at how much this kind man understands about magic. His wife’s untimely demise followed her discovery of a strange conundrum. The onus is now on Mr. Fig and the player to decipher the puzzle.
- Dianah Hecat, who teaches Defense Against the Dark Arts, comes next. She is a dedicated professor.
- Mirabel Garlick, a young and friendly professor of herbology, is third on the list because of the importance he places on his students’ friendships and academic development.
- Charms professor Abraham Ronen is a friendly guy who enjoys a good Gobstones tournament and who sees his duty as a friend to his students as important as that of an educator.
- Transfiguration is one of Professor Weasley’s focuses, but she got her start in the magical world as a Cursebreaker for the British Ministry of Magic.
- And finally, we have Potions, which Professor Aesop Sharp teaches.
Are you waiting for the game as we do? The release date of Hogwarts Legacy is:
- Available on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on February 10, 2023.
- April 4, 2022, for PS4 and Xbox One.
- July 25, 2023, for Nintendo Switch
Meanwhile, you can check out these:
- Hogwarts Legacy Artbook leak: Full map, locations, characters
- Hogwarts Legacy and the ongoing struggle for inclusivity in gaming
- Hogwarts Legacy system requirements
- Hogwarts Legacy locations guide