Overwatch 2 female characters feature amazing characters that form the basis of the game. Welcome to our article where we tell you about the female characters you can play in Overwatch!
To guarantee you maximize your chances of winning, it’s crucial to become familiar with all of the heroes in Overwatch 2 and their skills. Overwatch 2 boasts a large cast of characters.
The fantastic cast of characters in Overwatch 2 is the game’s core; each has a special set of potent skills and a kit intended to help their team win. To guarantee you maximize your chances of winning, it’s crucial to become familiar with all of the heroes in Overwatch 2 and their skills. Overwatch 2 boasts a large cast of characters.
The fantastic cast of characters in Overwatch 2 is the game’s core; each has a special set of potent skills and a kit intended to help their team win. And we think the female characters of Overwatch 2 do this the best!
Who are the Overwatch 2 female characters?
In Overwatch 2, many female characters are on the front lines of the war and support them from behind. At the time of writing, Overwatch 2 has 18 female characters. Let’s go over all of these characters.
First, of our Overwatch 2 female characters is Ana Amari, formerly Overwatch’s second-in-command a Support hero who specializes in dealing with long-range healing and damage. The difference in a fight can be made by her ability to temporarily incapacitate adversaries and stop them from getting healed with Biotic Grenade, even though her kit needs tremendous accuracy.
Ana’s skills are as follows:
- Sleep Dart: Fires a dart that puts an enemy to sleep
- Biotic Grenade: Throws a grenade that heals and increases healing on allies, while damaging and preventing healing on enemies
- Nano Boost: Increases an ally’s damage, while reducing damage taken
Next up in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters is Ashe, the notorious Deadlock Gang’s commander, who is skilled at eliminating targets from a distance. Her coach gun may be used to lift you up to higher platforms and keep approaching foes at a distance. It can also be pointed at the ground for greater vertical mobility.
Ashe’s skills are as follows:
- Coach gun: Blast enemies in front of you and knock yourself backward
- Dynamite: Throw an explosive that detonates after a short delay or immediately when shot
- B.O.B: Deploy Bob. He charges forward and knocks enemies into the air, then attacks with his arm cannons
Brigitte is next in line for Overwatch 2 female characters list who serves as much more than Reinhardt’s squire. She engages in combat on the front lines to defend, heal, and combat any adversary who dared breach her line of defense. Brigitte excels at protecting her companions from harm while also keeping their health topped off.
Brigitte’s skills are as follows:
- Repair Pack: Heals an ally for a short duration.
- Whip Shot: Launch your flail forward to knock an enemy away from you.
- Barrier Shield: Hold right-click to deploy a frontal energy barrier.
- Shield Bash: Available when Barrier Shield is deployed. Dash forward to knock back an enemy.
- Rally: Move faster and provide armor to nearby allies.
- Inspire: Striking enemies with your flail heals nearby allies.
D.Va gave up her life as a professional gamer to use her skills as a mech pilot to protect her nation. Her Defense Matrix fully eliminates any incoming shots, and her Boosters offer her a huge mobility advantage. She is our favorite in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters.
D.Va’s skills are as follows:
- Boosters: Fly in the direction you are facing.
- Defense Matrix: Block projectiles in an area in front of you.
- Micro Missiles: Launch a volley of explosive rockets.
- Self-destruct: Eject and overload your mech, causing it to explode after a short time.
- Call Mech: Call down a new mech.
- EJECT!: Eject out of your mech when it is destroyed.
Because Dr. Mina Liao of Overwatch programmed Echo’s artificial intelligence, she is a Damage hero who can adapt to any circumstance. When your squad requires more vertical mobility, she is the ideal hero to choose. We are glad to include Echo in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters.
Echo’s skills are as follows:
- Sticky Bombs: Fire a volley of sticky bombs that detonate after a delay.
- Flight: Fly forward quickly and then free-fly briefly.
- Focusing Beam: Channel a beam for a few seconds. Deals very high damage to targets under half health.
- Duplicate: Become a copy of the targeted enemy hero. They cannot swap heroes for the duration.
- Glide: Hold jump to glide while falling.
Next up in our Overwatch 2 female characters list is no one else than Junker Queen, who rules over both Junkertown and the battlefield and enjoys rushing into battle as a Tank hero.
Junker Queen’s skills are as follows:
- Scattergun: Pump-action Shotgun
- Jagged Blade: Passive: Quick Melee wounds enemies, dealing damage over time. Active: Throw your blade. Can re-activate it to return it
- Adrenaline Rush: Heal from all damage over time dealt by wounds
- Commanding Shout: Increase health by 200 and nearby allies’ health by 100. Increase movement speed by 30%
- Carnage: Swing your axe to wound all enemies in front of you, dealing damage over time
- Rampage: Charge forward. Wound enemies, dealing damage over time and preventing them from being healed
Next up in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters is Kiriko who is a versatile Support hero entrusted with guarding the Kanezaka shrine and also assisting Overwatch. She combines ninja quickness with her healing powers.
Kiriko’s skills are as follows:
- Healing Ofuda: Fire up to ten healing talismans at a time toward allies
- Kunai: Throw small knives one at a time that deals damage to enemies
- Wall Climb: Jump at walls to climb up them
- Projection Suzu: Throw a bell-shaped projectile that makes allies briefly invulnerable and cleanses negative status effects
- Kitsune Rush: Summons a loyal fox spirit that leaves a path of gateways that provide Kiriko and her teammates a buff that increases movement speed, rate of fire, and cooldowns
With an array of weaponry that can change the weather, freezing her adversaries, Mei, a former researcher, helps Overwatch combat brand-new threats in the lab and on the battlefield. Cute but deadly Mei is included in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters.
Mei’s skills are as follows:
- Enthermic Blast: Spray enemies with frost, slowing them and dealing damage. It no longer freezes opponents
- Cryo-freeze: Become invulnerable and heal yourself
- Ice Wall: Create a wall in front of you
- Blizzard: Launch a weather control drone that freezes enemies in a wide area
Mercy is a well-rounded Support hero that protects her teammates by healing, reviving, and increasing their damage with the use of her potent Caduceus Staff. Our guardian angel takes her place in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters.
Mercy’s skills are as follows:
- Guardian Angel: Fly toward an ally
- Resurrect: Revive a dead teammate
- Angelic Descent: Fall very slowly
- Valkyrie: Gain the ability to fly. Abilities are enhanced
- Regeneration: Automatically heal over time
Moira is next up in Overwatch 2 female characters list, a controversial scientist who helps her teammates by fusing both her powerful healing talents and her unsettling capacity to decompose life itself.
Moira’s skills are as follows:
- Biotic Orb: Launch a bouncing sphere that either heals nearby allies or damages, nearby enemies
- Fade: Disappear, move faster, and become invulnerable, but you cannot shoot
- Coalescence: Fire a beam that heals allies and damages enemies
Rebuilt from the remains of an OR15 defensive robot, Orisa defends her friends as a Tank hero, dodging strikes with her upgraded fusion driver and javelin to cushion the impact. Our beloved robotic tank is identified as one of the Overwatch 2 female characters.
Orisa’s skills are as follows:
- Fortify: Slow your movement by 20%, gain 125 extra health, reduce weapon heat generation by 50%, reduce damage taken, and become immune to immobilizing effects
- Javelin Spin: Spin your javelin destroying all incoming projectiles and increasing your movement speed. This spin also deals damage to enemies and knocks them back
- Terra Surge: Pull enemies towards you and gain Fortify effects. Enemies pulled in are slowed and take damage. The Ultimate can be reactivated to release a charge of damage to enemies in her vicinity
As her mother did, Pharah sails to the sky to defend her teammates from above while raining vengeance on opponents on the ground with explosive rockets. She’s here to be the ruler of the skies in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters.
Pharah’s skills are as follows:
- Jump Jet: Fly rapidly upwards
- Concussive Blast: Launch an explosive blast to knock back enemies
- Barrage: Launch a continuous volley of mini-rockets
- Hover Jets: Hold to hover
Sojourn joins the Damage hero roster in Overwatch 2, and her kit promises both great mobility and a variety of gameplay options that will appeal to both newcomers and experienced gamers. Sojourn is the latest hero to be added to Overwatch 2 female characters roster.
Sojourn’s skills are as follows:
- Railgun: Accurate fully automatic weapon that grants Sojourn energy after enough shots have been landed. Also has a secondary fire mode that requires energy and sends out a deadly single shot
- Disruptor Shot: Slows and deals damage to enemies, and works well in conjunction with Railgun
- Power Slide: Quickly slide on the ground and leap higher
- Overclock: Buffs Sojourn’s Railgun, dealing more damage, and automatically charges her secondary fire mode
Next up in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters is Sombra, who is capable of hacking much more than just information, and employs stealth to approach foes near enough to take away their skills. This leaves the entire battlefield at her disposal.
Sombra’s skills are as follows:
- Translocator: Throw a beacon, then press E again to teleport to it. Press ABILITY 2 to remove it
- Stealth: Become invisible and move quickly
- Hack: Hold to hack. Hacked enemies cannot use abilities. Hacked health packs spawn faster but can’t be used by enemies. Taking damage interrupts the hack attempt
- Opportunist: You detect critically injured enemies through walls
- EMP: Release a pulse of energy hacking all enemies in a large area and dealing damage. EMP deals 10,000 damage to shields
Next up in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters is Symmetra who uses light manipulation to build teleporters, turrets, and strong beams that can destroy any opponent team. As a Damage hero, she has the power to destabilize any conflict.
Symmetra’s skills are as follows:
- Sentry Turret: Deploy a small turret that damages and slows enemies
- Teleporter: Create two teleporters that enable instant travel between them
- Photon Barrier: Deploy a massive energy barrier
In the name of good, Tracer blinks through time and space to pelt her adversaries with a punch of damage. Her positive outlook is as solid as her capacity to travel through time and avoid danger. Our British love Tracer, whose face we are familiar with from every introduction of the game is the next character in our list of Overwatch 2 female characters.
Tracer’s skills are as follows:
- Blink: Teleport in the direction you are moving
- Recall: Travel back in time to your previous location and health
- Pulse Bomb: Throw out a powerful sticky explosive
Her cold blood makes Widowmaker the ideal assassin. She can reposition herself anywhere thanks to her accurate aim and strong grapple, even in unexpected places.
Widowmaker’s skills are as follows:
- Grappling Hook: Launch a hook that pulls you toward a ledge
- Venom Mine: Launch a poison trap
- Infra-sight: Provide your team with a view of the enemy’s location
Off the field, Zarya is a well-known athlete who uses her strength for Overwatch, using her potent Particle Cannon to beam through opponents and project shields around friendly allies.
Zarya’s skills are as follows:
- Particle Barrier: Create a damage barrier around you that absorbs damage and cleanses crowd control abilities
- Projected Barrier: Create a damage barrier around an ally similar to Particle Barrier. Shares cooldown with Particle Barrier
- Graviton Surge: Launch a gravity bomb that draws in enemies and explodes for a small amount of damage
- Energy: Damage blocked by barriers increases Particle Cannon damage
Our all of the best Overwatch 2 female characters writing ends here. While female characters currently fill a group of 18 in the game, we expect to see more female characters in the future and yes we’ve included all of them in our list because these characters are all powerful. If you encounter the Overwatch 2 replays not working or Overwatch 2 applying update stuck errors all you have to do to fix them is follow our guides on them by clicking the links we provided.