In this article, we are going to go over the Overwatch experimental patch notes June 2022, so you can learn about this new experimental patch.
Although the majority of the community’s attention is currently on Overwatch 2, base Overwatch is still a live service game with updates. On June 9, Blizzard released a surprise experimental patch that would test out some of Overwatch 2’s more significant modifications in the base game while including a few more outlandish adjustments for heroes.
The sequel features a number of new abilities for the heroes, such as Reinhardt’s ability to cancel his Charge and Zenyatta’s new Snap Kick, which pushes opponents away while dealing melee damage. Heroes like Orisa get closer to their Overwatch 2 forms with a few simple modifications that should enhance the live experience. Before we dive in, let us take a look at the developers’ intentions behind this patch:
“This patch is comprised of adjustments that will help tune the live game, potentially shift the meta there, and also line up with the eventual transition to OW2.
Some lean more to the experimental side, such as with Orisa and Sombra, but we’re interested to see how such changes impact their playstyle and strategies such as double barrier.
Many of the other changes are relatively small but are aimed at improving the gameplay feel of heroes and their abilities rather than adjusting much power.”
Infinite flight DVa?✅
Symmetra as a Support?✅
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) February 10, 2022
Overwatch experimental patch notes June 2022
Now that we know what was the intention behind the patch, let us take a look at the changes that will be introduced. It will be interesting to see how many more updates the live game receives in the future, but for now, players may have a legitimate reason to return to the original game.
- Weapon spread removed
- Maximum duration reduced from 20 to 4 seconds
- Health increased from 600 to 1200
- Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds
- Pull radius increased from 5 to 7 meters
- Weapon spread reduced by 15%
- Can now be cancelled by pressing the ability input again
- Knockback increased by 36%
- Weapon spread removed
- Now grants 50% damage reduction for its 0.4 second duration
- Damage increased from 8 to 9
- Cast time reduced from 0.65 to 0.5 seconds
- Hacked duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
- Ultimate cost reduced by 15%
- Distance increased from 15 to 20 meters
- Reload now begins 0.3 seconds sooner when out of ammo
- Now deals 30 damage on direct hit
- Deals 50% additional knockback to direct hit targets
- Projectile radius increased from 0.2 to 0.25 meters
- Projectile speed increased from 10 to 15
Rivet Gun (Primary Fire)
- Recovery reduced from 0.6 to 0.55 seconds
Rivet Gun (Secondary Fire)
- Recovery reduced from 0.8 to 0.7 seconds
Orb of Discord
- Linger duration reduced from 3 to 2 seconds
- New passive added
- Quick melee deals 50% more damage and knocks enemies away
We hope that you enjoyed this article on Overwatch experimental patch notes June 2022. If you did, be sure to check out Overwatch 2 Beta dates have been announced, or Overwatch 2 Push game mode: How to play and strategies.