Today we are going to show you how to turn off location services on iPhone. When you first sign into a new iPhone, it’s likely that you’ve enabled location services and since then, your phone has been tracking you. But it’s really easy to turn off location services for specific apps.
Why do you need to turn off location services on your iPhone?
There are a couple of reasons. The location is important when it comes to your privacy and security. Some apps and services you’ve allowed to track your location know exactly where you are at all times. The second reason is the battery life. Sharing your location at all times consumes a lot of battery. If you need your phone to be online all day, it is surely a thing to consider.
How to turn off location services on iPhone?
The process is really simple, you just need to follow a series of simple steps:
- Open your iPhone
- Go to “Settings.”
- Enter “Privacy.”
- Find “Location Services” and tap on it.
- At the top, you will see a switch, if you turn it off all location services will be disabled on your iPhone.
- If you want to disable location services for some specific apps, you will see a list there.
- You can go app by app and make the necessary adjustments depending on your needs.
- After you select an application, you’ll be prompted with four different options:
- Never: If you choose this one, the application will never be able to track your location.
- Ask Next Time: This allows you to grant permission to use your data only once. You’ll need to confirm it every time it wants to use it again.
- While Using the App: If you choose this one, your location will only be accessible while the app is open on your screen. If the app’s closed, it won’t be able to track your location in the background.
- Always: If you choose this one, the application will always be able to track your location.
Which iPhone apps should have access to location services?
You can choose whether you want your apps to be able to track you all the time or not. Giving permissions to apps like Google Home can be crucial if you are using a lot of smart home products. Obviously, navigation applications like Apple Maps or Google Maps need to know your location in order to offer you the necessary information.
But social media applications like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat do not really need to know your location so turning off location services for such apps might be a good approach. You can always change the settings, so if an application malfunctions, don’t worry.