If you don’t know how to add folder and app shortcuts to the Windows 11 Start menu, no worries because we are going to help you out in this tutorial. Windows 11 offers special shortcuts for music, downloads, pictures, folders, apps and more that you can locate on the Start menu. Thanks to these shortcuts you’ll be able to access specific tools more easily.
How to add folder and app shortcuts to the Windows 11 Start menu?
Some locations we are used to finding in Windows 10 have changed in Windows 11. For example, you have the ability to activate special folder shortcuts from the Start menu in Windows 10. In Windows 11 they will be shown as a row with no labels at the bottom.
- First, you need to turn on special shortcuts from Windows settings.
- If you don’t know how, you can just hit the Windows+i hotkey or you can right-click on the Start icon and choose “Settings” from the menu that appears.
- Then you need to go to Personalization and click on Start.
- Next, click on “Folders.”
- Now you should see a list with different names and switches next to them. For example you can create shortcuts for:
- File Explorer
- Personal Folder
- You can click on the switches, this action will turn them on.
- Then you can close settings.
How to start Windows 11 in safe mode?
From now on, when you click on the Start menu, you’ll see these shortcuts located in the lower-right corner next to the power button. You can always go back and add new shortcuts or remove whichever you like.