If you want to learn how to use Apple AirPods on an Android phone, please keep reading.
No one has any doubt that Apple AirPods is one of the best and most popular True Wireless headphones on the market today. Many people have thought about buying them, but there is a big question, can we connect them to our Android phone? The answer is yes, and we are going to tell you how to do it.
How to use Apple AirPods on an Android phone?
Although you can connect them, you will have certain disadvantages for those who have an iPhone or other Cupertino device, although we can minimize this loss, something we will tell you later.
Let’s see how we can take advantage of Apple AirPods on an Android phone to get the most out of it.
Connecting AirPods with Android
As we have already advanced you before, the connection system is much simpler than you could imagine at first.
What we are going to tell you is valid for the first and second-generation AirPods, as well as the Pro version.
The steps you need to perform are as follows:
- First, we must interact with the AirPods themselves, opening them and observing that a green light comes on in the indicator they carry on the front of the case.
- Next, we must press and hold the configuration button on the back of the case for a few seconds, until the light starts flashing white.
- If we have the AirPods Max, you must remove them from the smart case and press and hold the noise control button, until the light on the right side starts flashing white.
- Now we take our Android phone and go to Settings.
- Then we enter Bluetooth and go to the bottom of this section, where it says Available devices.
- Now we wait for the headphones to appear on the screen and when they do, click on them, to immediately follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- When you’re done, you will have your AirPods connected and paired with your Android phone.
As you can see the way to do it is very easy, being similar to the pairing of any Bluetooth device on the market, which is good, so we do not get confused.
What will change when we connect AirPods to an Android phone?
The functions that we continue to maintain and that we have not lost by this connection between Apple’s particulars and the mobile with the Android operating system are:
- They can still be used hands-free without any problems, even if they are paired with an Android.
- Play and pause music by pressing the headphone stem once.
- Skip forward in a song by pressing twice quickly.
- Skip backward through a song by pressing three times.
- Press and hold the stem to activate or deactivate the noise cancellation system.
- You can pause or resume control of the Airpods by pressing twice.
Those main functions that we lose because we are not using an Apple device for pairing are:
- We will not have, as usual, the Siri assistant to manage some options with the voice.
- We will not be able to see the remaining battery of the headphones since they will not appear on our Android mobile.
- The audio of a call will not be automatically transferred to the phone if you remove the AirPods from your ears.
These can be inconveniences we can live with, although not knowing how much battery we have left may bring us some headaches.
Assistant Trigger: Use an app to connect AirPods to your Android phone
We have at our disposal a very interesting alternative to mitigate the losses we have in the AirPods by connecting them to an Android.
This is Assistant Trigger, an application that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and with which we will have solutions that will interest us.
Thanks to this application we can get to know the battery level of the headphones, something that, as we have already mentioned, was the main shortcoming of our connection.
But not everything stays there, since also, thanks to this application, we will be able to activate and use Google Assistant just by touching the headphones. That is, in the same way that Siri is activated, but in this case, the Google Assistant will appear.
There is a pro version of this app that is paid, which ensures that solves the other problem that the system is not able to detect that we have removed the AirPods. But this is something that we leave in question because the user reviews on Google Play seem to deny it.
As you have been able to read, we can connect AirPods to our Android device without any problem, as it is a simple and fast process.
In addition, several of the limitations that encompass the fact of connecting these devices together, we can mitigate them thanks to a free application, so the integration is even more complete and our experience of higher quality.