If you don’t know how to create stickers with your face for Telegram, we are going to help you out. Stickers have become an indispensable addition to your conversations for years. While for some platforms like WhatsApp it is something more recent, Telegram has years of experience in this field.
If you want to know how to create stickers with your face or any image to share them on Telegram, we tell you everything you need to do step by step.
How to create stickers with your face for Telegram?
If you want to create stickers with your face, we recommend you use Photoshop for the task.
Follow these steps:
- Open a new document in Photoshop.
- Create and indicate the size of the image. Place 512 x 512 pixels and go to the Content section and select “Transparent”.
- After finishing the settings, click on “Create”.
- Select the image or take a personal photo.
- Find the image with which you want to create the sticker with the transparent background or if you prefer to use a photo with your face, you will have to remove the background afterwards.
In either case, we recommend using good quality images, so you get a better result and your sticker will be more impactful when you share it in your chats.
To find an image without background or with transparent background, just go to the Google search engine and search for the theme of the image you want or a portal like Unsplash with free images without copyright. If you decide to use your own photo, you will have to remove the background.
In Photoshop you can use the “Quick Selection” tool located at the top left of the screen. Start selecting the area you want to keep, in this case just the face to form a sticker and then press “Ctrl + J” to create the new image without background.
After that, you will have to hide the layers so they do not interfere with the new image. Once you have the photo of the face created, it’s time to add frames, textures, strokes, lines, text and anything else you see fit in the layer style menu.
Finally, make sure to save the image in PNG format in “File > Save as”, so that it has a transparent background for your sticker and the preset dimensions and weight.
Alright, now that you have your image ready to create the sticker, it’s time to use a special Telegram bot for the task.
Log in to @Stikers from your mobile phone or PC and it will immediately open the chat window welcoming you and displaying a series of commands with instructions.
These are the commands:
- /newpack – create a sticker pack.
- /newmasks – create a mask pack.
- /newanimated – create an animated sticker pack.
- /addsticker – add a sticker to an existing pack.
- /editsticker – modify emojis or coordinates.
- /ordersticker – reorder stickers in a pack.
- /setpackicon – set a sticker pack icon.
- /delsticker – remove a sticker from an existing pack.
- /delpack – delete a pack.
- /stats – get statistics for a sticker.
- /top – get popular stickers.
- /packstats – get statistics for a sticker pack.
- /packtop – get popular sticker packs.
- /topbypack – get popular stickers in a pack.
- /packusagetop – get usage statistics for your packs.
- /cancel – cancel the current operation.
To create stikers with your face for Telegram we activate the /newpack command. The command will welcome you and invite you to give a short name to your new pack of stickers.
Once you have given the instructions to the bot, it is time to attach your image to create the sticker. To do this, send the attached file in the chat in the traditional way (as a file, not as an image) considering all the aspects we mentioned previously and place an emoji similar to the sticker to confirm.
Once you have completed the steps, you must type the command /publish and finally, click on add stickers to be added to your collection within the app. If you wish, you can use the link provided by the bot to share them with other users.
How to create stickers with your face using third-party apps for Telegram?
The second method to create stickers with your face for Telegram is through third-party applications, which you can download on your mobile device.
In this case, there are two very simple and perfect applications for this purpose, such as Sticker Maker Studio and Sticker.ly. Both options are completely free and are available for both Android and iOS.
These two apps offer you the possibility to choose an image of your choice, upload it, edit the background, add text, outline and modify it, as well as save it without background, ready to be uploaded to Telegram through the bot, as we explained previously.
In any case, these are the options you have available to create stickers for Telegram with your face or any image you want, just let your creativity flow and surprise your contacts with your creations.