Today we’ll tell how to find your friends and contacts on Instagram easily. Instagram is one of the social networks most used by the entire population, both to post photos or videos, as well as to consult other people’s content. It is a very dynamic and versatile social network, with a wide variety of content suitable for all audiences. In addition, Instagram has become a tool to keep in touch with our friends and family remotely and keep abreast of their daily lives through the content they post on their profiles.
How to find your friends and contacts on Instagram?
For all this, this application has been widely used during confinement, as it was the only way to see how the people around us were doing. On the other hand, during the quarantine, Instagram was a leisure space that helped us to evade a little of the difficult situation we were living in since through this platform we could follow concerts, take cooking or gym classes, listen to interviews with our favorite celebrities, and a variety of other proposals. So, if Instagram was already one of the social networks par excellence for all people, if not the most, then during the confinement it was consecrated in that position.
However, many people are unaware of certain aspects of this application, since it allows such a variety of options, that it is very difficult to know them all. Maybe you’re just starting or you’ve been around for a while, but you’re unaware that this option exists: you’re looking for your friends on Instagram, but you can’t find them and you know they have an account. Today we show you how to find your friends and contacts on Instagram.
Find your Facebook friends on Instagram
One of the options you have to find people you know is to use Facebook to locate them on Instagram. To do this, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Open your Instagram application
- Go to your user profile. To do this, you must click on the profile picture that you will find at the bottom right of the main menu.
- Once you are in your profile, you must access the section that you will find at the top right of the screen represented in the form of 3 horizontal lines.
- When you do so, a menu will be displayed with the different options you have. You must look for the option “Discover people”. Once here, click on “Connect to Facebook”.
- Now you must click on “Connect”. The platform will automatically synchronize with Facebook.
- Then you will see the contacts you have on Facebook who have Instagram and all you have to do is follow the ones you are interested in.
Search your friends by their phone number
Another option we have to find our friends on Instagram is to search among our contacts, that is, through their phone numbers. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to the Menu (as we have explained in the previous section).
- As in the previous option, look for “Discover people”.
- This time you must click on “Connect Contacts”. In this way, the platform will show you, from the contacts you have on your mobile, those who have an Instagram account.
When you want to stop this automatic synchronization of contacts, you must go to the Settings section of your Instagram account. To access it, you must go to the Menu (as explained above). Once here, you should look for the Settings section (you will see the first one if you use an iPhone, and at the bottom, if you use an Android). Here you should look for the “Account” and “Contact synchronization” sections. All you have to do is uncheck this option.