In this article, we’ll tell you how to activate the one hand mode on your phone. In operating systems designed for smartphones, the keyboard, in general, has a layout that, although it makes it possible for users to type, is not comfortable for everyone, either because of the size of the keys on the screen or because they are left-handed.
It is currently estimated that 12% of the world’s population is left-handed, and many of them have problems when using the phone keyboard since its layout is more oriented to favor right-handed people.
This is how the Left-handed Mode arises, a function present in different mobile devices and that will facilitate the way in which left-handed users use the keyboard to communicate through the main instant messaging applications such as WhatsApp, Telegram, and Facebook Messenger.
How to activate the one hand mode on your phone?
If you are one of the people who usually use their left hand to type on your mobile device, then follow the steps described here below to activate the left-handed model.
- The first thing you will need to do is to open the Settings app on your phone.
- Then, enter your phone’s information. Once inside you should find a section called “About phone” and click on it.
- Then, at the bottom, you will see a data called “Build number” on which you must click 3 times until the following message is displayed: You are already a developer.
- Next, go back to the configuration section and go to Additional settings.
- In this section click on Developer options.
- On this screen, you should locate the option “Force use of the right to left format address”.
Once this is done, all that remains is to enter the messaging app of your choice and experience the comfort of using a keyboard adjusted to be used with the left hand thanks to the left-handed mode activated on the phone.
It should be noted that for the moment this feature is only available for Android mobile devices, so those left-handed users with iOS devices will have to wait. We told you how to activate the one hand mode on your phone today, hope you will like this option and use it whenever you need quickly.