If you don’t know how to track a smartphone with Google Maps, we are going to help you out. If you want to know where a person is, it may be interesting for you to learn this trick. You won’t be able to do it without the permission of the other person.
How to track a smartphone with Google Maps?
That person should share his/her location with you. Follow these steps:
- Add the person you want to share your location with to your Google contacts.
- Open the Google Maps app and sign in to your account.
- Click on your profile picture or the initial of your name
- Tap Share location > Add people
- Choose how long you want to share your location
- Tap the profile of the person you want to share your location with
- Click on Share
Once that person has shared their location with you, the steps you need to track him/her are below:
- Open the Google Maps app
- Click on your profile picture or your first name initial
- Choose Share location
- Click on the profile picture of the person you want to track
- To update that person’s photo, tap on their icon > More > Update
How to find a lost smartphone using Google Maps?
The reality is that Google Maps does not have a feature to find a lost mobile phone. But Google does have a tool designed for this purpose. It is called Find Your Phone. You simply have to log in with your Google account. Then, all the Android devices that you have registered with that account will appear on the screen. By clicking on each of them you will be able to know their exact location.
How to track a smartphone without anyone knowing?
You have to know that this is illegal. In order for you to have access to a person’s location in a completely legal way, it is necessary to have permission from that person. Therefore, it is not advisable to try to spy on a person.
But if you are going to take that risk. The most popular tool is probably mSpy. It is a paid tool, but it has a free trial period. It is compatible with both Android and iOS, so it doesn’t matter which operating system you use.