Custom animated sticker packs are becoming very popular among users and WhatsApp decided to allow us to import them from third-party apps. Plus, there’s a new feature offering us to mute videos before sending them.
WhatsApp will now allow to customize chats with third-party animated stickers
WhatsApp is starting to implement a new feature that will allow us to enhance our collection of stickers with other apps from the Google Play Store.
After several months, the application owned by Facebook has begun to include this new feature in the latest versions, the 2.21.40 on iOS and beta 22.214.171.124 on Android, but only in some countries.
In order to import sticker packs, we must use an external application and the most popular one is Sticker Maker. This app now supports the feature of generating animated stickers, from videos and GIFs.
To add stickers to WhatsApp from Sticker Maker we just need to follow these steps:
- Download the Sticker Maker application.
- Create a sticker pack.
- Choose a video or a GIF from your gallery.
- Once the stickers are created, this app will automatically convert them into a webp file.
- Finally, we just need to import this webp file into our WhatsApp application.
Regarding Sticker Maker you should note the following:
- We can only import sticker packs with static or animated stickers, not both.
- A sticker pack must contain at least 3 stickers in order to be imported into WhatsApp.
- These stickers have a maximum file size, so this app will compress the stickers and always preserve their quality.
A minor new feature about audio messages has also been introduced, exclusively for iPhones. You’ll see a new animation in the progress bar when a voice message ends.