If you want to learn how to save a web page as a PDF without ads for later reference on Mac, we are going to help you out. First of all a small clarification. When we save a bookmark of a particular website what we are saving is the URL of the resource.
This means that, if the content changes or disappears, we are left with nothing but an address. Given this, if we want to save a certain text, article, etc., it is best to save it as a PDF.
How to save a web page as a PDF without ads for later reference on Mac?
There are several ways to achieve this result, but we will see one that is one of the most appropriate. We will be using Safari, just follow these steps:
- We open Safari on our Mac.
- We visit the web page that we want to save.
- In the View menu, we tap Show Reader or press Command (⌘) + Shift (⇧) + R.
- In the File menu, we choose Print or press Command (⌘) + P.
- In the PDF selector, choose Save as PDF.
- We fill in the name and location and tap Save.
We can also achieve the same goal on the iPhone and iPad. In this case, follow these steps:
- We open Safari on our iPhone or iPad.
- We visit the web page we are interested in saving.
- We tap the “aA” at the top right, next to the address bar.
- Choose Show reader view.
- Tap the share button (square with up arrow).
- Choose Print.
- Zoom in on the preview at the bottom by spreading two fingers apart as you would zoom in on a photo.
- Tap the share button again (square with up arrow).
- Choose Save to Files.
- Choose name and location and tap Save.
And that’s it. With this trick, we will have a PDF document with all the content of the web page saved in our documents.