If you don’t know how to report fake news on Instagram, we are going to help you out. Instagram now allows you to report false news on the social network. The option was implemented under the category of reporting against inappropriate postings.
The feature is in the testing phase and will not remove the reported posts, but will take the reports to a team and limit the scope of images within the platform, excluding their presence from the “Browse” tab and hashtag search results.
- How to install macOS Big Sur on non-compatible Macs?
- How to send self-destructing messages on Instagram with Vanish Mode?
- How to upload 4K resolution photos to Twitter?
Instagram says it wants to use this verification as an experiment to improve the artificial intelligence model in the fight against fake news.
According to the international press, this program is only active in the United States, but the option is already available on the social network interface worldwide. Keep reading.
How to report fake news on Instagram?
The process is really easy, you just need to follow some steps:
- Open Instagram and find the post you want to report.
- Touch the three dots in the top right corner of the post and select “Report”.
- Choose “It’s inappropriate”.
- Finally, check the option “False information”.
After reporting the fake post, it will be removed from your feed and a warning will indicate that the post will be reviewed by the Instagram team.