How to install APKs in Chromecast with Google TV? One of the main differences between the Android version of a phone and the one we use on TVs is the number of applications available. There are more and more applications available each day but sometimes we want to use an app, which we know works with Android TV, but is not available.
- How to uninstall a Chrome extension or plugin?
- How to change the Wi-Fi that Google Chromecast connects?
- How to use Kodi with Chromecast?
That’s when we want to install an APK directly. Many people don’t know how to do it with Chromecast, but with Google TV it is really easy. We have to perform two actions.
How to install APKs in Chromecast with Google TV?
Before choosing which APKs to install, we have to activate the development permissions. To do this we go to the Settings, section that is just below our avatar in the upper right corner of the interface.
- There, we go to the System option.
- Within that section, we go to the second option, Information.
- There we have to go to the Android TV OS compilation option and click several times until we get the message that we are developers.
- Once this step is finished, let’s go to another section of the Settings.
Once that is done we have to give permission to each application so we can install apps. To do this we return to the Settings and select the Privacy option. There we go to Security and restrictions, where we click on the option Unknown sources. That’s where we have to mark the application that we want to install.
As you can see, once we know the procedure it is a simple task, but navigating aimlessly through the system’s options can be much more tedious. This way, you’ve learned how to install APKs in Chromecast with Google TV.