How to use the timer on Google Assistant? Google has introduced a new way of activating and deactivating the devices connected to its wizard: it is now possible to program them. This way we can make them turn on or off by themselves after the time period we want: Google Assistant takes care of everything.
With smart devices, we can control the speaker, the TV, etc. And Google Assistant now offers this possibility. You will only use your voice.
- How to change the voice of the Google Assistant?
- How to change the default music app on Google Assistant?
- New Samsung TVs are compatible with Google Assistant now
Applications that control connected objects are often automated: light can be turned off after a period of time or a socket can be turned on before you get home, for example. And that’s precisely the function of Google Assistant: From now on, you don’t need an app, since the assistant itself controls the timers.
The new function is already active within Google’s virtual assistant. It is valid for lights, connected speakers, and other intelligent devices, such as washing machines. At the moment it is not compatible with plugs, although there is a small trick: you just have to configure the plugs connected to Assistant as lights. This way they can be programmed by voice.
How to use the timer on Google Assistant?
To activate the timers through Google Assistant you must do the following:
- Open Google Assistant on your mobile (with ‘Ok, Google, from the Home button or with its app).
- Tell the assistant ‘Turn on the lights in three minutes’. You can choose the object you have connected to the assistant and the time you want. Not all objects are currently supported.
- Google will send an order to the connected object once the time has passed. This way you don’t have to worry about turning it off manually.
- The time marked appears as a small bubble in the Google Home application, over the device that has been programmed.
- In addition to turning off a device, you can also turn it on, although we have only managed to do this with the lights (or with the plugs configured as lights). Say ‘Turn on the dining room light in three minutes’ and Google Assistant will perform the action.
With the new timer, you save on buying connected objects that can be programmed since Google Assistant can take care of that task. This way you’ve learned how to use the timer on Google Assistant?