How to make Chrome the default browser on iPhone? There was a time in Apple’s history when the default browser could not be changed on an iPhone or iPad. However, it is now quite easy to make changes. If you are looking for an alternative to Safari, continue reading.
Steps to make Chrome the default browser on iPhone
Apple introduced the default browser setting feature in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. This setting also will be available to you if your device has the latest version of the operating system.
- How to hide your number on Android or iPhone?
- iOS 14: all news, compatible devices and how to install it
- New Apple iPad Air introduced: price, features, release date
It is possible to change the default browser from the “Settings” application. First, make sure you download the latest version of Google Chrome in the App Store.
- Then, on your iPhone or iPad, tap and open “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the “Chrome” section and tap it.
- Here, tap on “Default browser app”.
- Next, tap on Chrome.
The only case where you will continue to see Safari is for an application to use the Safari browser in-app. Even in these cases, just tap the browser icon to open this page in Chrome.
If you want to switch back to Safari for the default browser, just go back to the “Default browser application” section in the “Chrome” or “Safari” settings.
Let’s see, after the option to make Chrome the default browser, to what extent will Apple users prefer Safari?