Google made up its mind and Bard is now Gemini together with the launch of their most all-rounded model, Gemini Advanced.
Google AI has announced a significant evolution in its language model: Bard transforms into Gemini, representing the company’s most advanced family of models.
This shift signifies a renewed focus on providing direct access to cutting-edge AI, empowering users with innovative tools for collaboration and creative exploration.
Bard is now Gemini
Remember Bard, the AI companion that helped you brainstorm, write, and navigate the digital world? Buckle up, because Bard is undergoing a metamorphosis! Get ready to welcome Gemini AI, Google AI’s most advanced family of language models, poised to revolutionize your interactions with information and unlock boundless creative potential.
Imagine an AI that not only understands your words but anticipates your needs, seamlessly adapts to your style, and delivers information with unparalleled precision. That’s the promise of Gemini. It’s not just a name change; it’s a leap forward in capabilities, powered by cutting-edge AI advancements.
Gemini Advanced is a powerhouse
At the heart of the Gemini family lies Gemini Advanced, powered by the groundbreaking Ultra 1.0 model. This advanced technology tackles complex tasks, offering users:
- Enhanced coding support: Gemini assists coders by brainstorming ideas, evaluating approaches, and aiding in finding solutions to intricate challenges
- Personalized learning experiences: Through step-by-step instructions, quizzes, and tailored discussions, Gemini morphs into an adaptable AI tutor, catering to individual learning styles
- Content creation unleashed: Whether generating fresh content, analyzing trends, or crafting captivating messages, digital creators benefit from Gemini’s ability to unlock audience growth strategies
- Deeper conversational interactions: Improved context understanding facilitates longer, more nuanced dialogues with Gemini, allowing for natural, seamless follow-up on previous prompts
- Logical reasoning and analysis: Complex tasks requiring intricate analyses are no match for Gemini Advanced. Users can delve deeper into the world of information, tackling intricate problems with precision
How to access Gemini Advanced
Currently, Gemini Advanced is available as part of the Google One AI Premium Plan. This plan offers access to the Ultra 1.0 model, along with other benefits like 2TB of storage and exclusive features. The plan costs $19.99 per month, with a two-month free trial available for new subscribers.
As of now, Gemini is available in English and accessible in over 150 countries and territories. More language support is planned for the future.
Yes, Bard is now Gemini and there are two main ways to interact with Gemini Advanced:
- Web interface: You can access Gemini Advanced through the Google One website or the Gemini web interface. This method allows for longer interactions and more complex tasks
- Mobile app: The Gemini mobile app is available for both Android and iOS devices. This app allows you to interact with Gemini using text, voice, or image prompts, making it ideal for on-the-go tasks
Although the app is not yet officially available in the stores, Google’s blog post announcing the Bard is now Gemini decision shows how it works on the Android ecosystem:
Gemini Advanced is still under development, and its features may change over time also the free trial of the Google One AI Premium Plan is subject to change, so check the website for current terms and conditions.
Gemini Advanced vs ChatGPT
Gemini and ChatGPT are two impressive language models, but they cater to different needs. Gemini Advanced excels in complex tasks, logical reasoning, and creative collaboration, while ChatGPT focuses on generating engaging conversations. Gemini Advanced has better accuracy, but real-world performance can vary. Both models can generate creative text, but Gemini Advanced has an edge with its access to multimodal data.
Cost is a significant factor. Gemini is available within the Google One AI Premium Plan ($19.99/month), while ChatGPT offers a free tier with limited features and a paid Plus tier ($20/month) with enhanced capabilities. Both models offer API access for developers.
Safety and bias are crucial factors. Both companies emphasize responsible AI development, but potential safety concerns and biases inherent in any large language model must be considered. Transparency and documentation are also important. Google provides a technical report detailing Gemini’s development, while ChatGPT information is less readily available.
If you need a model that excels in complex tasks, creative content, and multilingual support, Gemini might be the better choice. If you’re looking for a model that specializes in engaging conversations and offers a more affordable pricing plan, ChatGPT could be the better fit. Evaluate your requirements and compare the features of each model before making a decision.
Featured image credit: Gemini AI/Google Deepmind.