In the wake of Spotify Wrapped‘s resounding success across all social media, a new feature is sweeping all the attention right now- Instagram Wrapped 2023.
This feature provides users with an exclusive peek into their year-long Instagram journey, from cherished connections to potential blockers. Although not officially integrated into the platform, Instagram Wrapped is made possible through a third-party application known as Wrapped for 2023.
Unraveling IG Wrapped: What to expect from Instagram Wrapped 2023?
Wrapped for 2023, frequently referred to as IG Wrapped, is a third-party application distinct from Instagram’s official offerings, and it leverages your account data to compile a comprehensive array of year-long statistics.
Unlike conventional insights, IG Wrapped presents this information in a dynamic, reel format, perfect for sharing with your Instagram circle.
A step-by-step guide to Instagram Wrapped 2023
Embarking on your Instagram Wrapped journey is a straightforward and engaging process with the IG Wrapped app. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started:
- Downloading ‘Wrapped for 2023’: Initiate your Instagram Wrapped adventure by heading to the App Store and downloading the ‘Wrapped for Instagram’ application.
- Linking your Instagram account: Once the installation is complete, follow the intuitive on-screen instructions to securely link your Instagram account with IG Wrapped.
- Unveiling your personalized wrapped report: With your account connected, IG Wrapped initiates the process of generating a personalized Wrapped report. This report encapsulates a year’s worth of highlights and insights from your Instagram usage.
- Exploring your wrapped report: Once your Wrapped report is ready, effortlessly access and explore it within the IG Wrapped app. The application also offers an option to share the reel on your Instagram account, inviting your friends and followers to join in the celebration.
If you’re curious about the insights that you will get from the reel that you watch with IG Wrapped, here are all the information it offers:
- Your 2023 Instagram journey in hours: Discover how many hours you’ve immersed yourself in the world of Instagram in 2023.
- Top friends of 2023: Identify the companions who made your Instagram journey memorable in 2023.
- Navigating blocked users: Learn how many users chose to hit the block button in response to your content in 2023.
- Follower insights: Gain valuable insights into your follower count and the male-to-female ratio among your audience.
- Screenshots and shares: Find out how many users took screenshots of your posts and how widely they were shared.
- Profile views leaderboard: Discover who viewed your profile the most, giving you a glimpse into your most engaged followers.
Android users are feeling left out
Regrettably, Android users find themselves excluded from the Instagram Wrapped 2023 trend. As of now, there’s no way for Android users to participate, as the app has yet to make its way onto the Google Play Store. This has led to a chorus of frustration among Android users who long to join in on the viral trend.
Authenticity concerns about IG Wrapped
The Wrapped for Instagram app, while not officially associated with Instagram, uses your account data to generate detailed statistics about your profile over the past year. This includes metrics such as hours spent on Instagram, top friends, the number of users who took screenshots of your posts, and those who may have blocked you.
However, some users have raised eyebrows, suggesting that the data presented may not align with their actual usage. For instance, individuals have reported discrepancies, pointing out that it’s implausible for a significant number of users to have taken screenshots of their posts, especially if they haven’t posted frequently.
Voices of skepticism
Users have taken to social media platforms to express their reservations. One Twitter user pointed out,
This Instagram Wrapped thing is most definitely fake cause I haven’t posted anything in the past four years so I’m not sure how 10 people took a screenshot of a post that doesn’t exist.
Another echoed similar sentiments, stating,
I tried the Instagram Wrapped thing and I’m pretty sure it’s bulls**t.
Instagram’s Recap Reel is a nice alternative
For those seeking a more official year-in-review experience, Instagram introduced the Recap Reel feature in 2022. This feature allows users to curate and share up to 10 significant moments from their year in the form of a reel.
The steps are straightforward, providing a secure and officially endorsed way to reflect on your Instagram journey.
The need for caution
While the Wrapped app aims to offer an engaging reflection of your Instagram activity, it raises concerns about the safety of sharing personal data. Instagram does provide an option for users to download their activity information directly from the official app. However, entrusting this data to a third-party application prompts apprehension among users, especially considering the potential sensitivity of the information.
Users are wary of the implications of sharing this data, with one individual expressing, “Has anyone tried this app? I feel this will expose my stalking habit.”
Proceeding with prudence
It’s crucial to note that Wrapped for Instagram, while providing intriguing insights, operates independently of Instagram’s official policies. Users should exercise caution and be mindful of potential implications. As one user pointed out, “This is against Instagram’s terms of service so if you log into the app with Instagram you might not be able to get back into IG – FYI.”
Embrace your Instagram Wrapped 2023 experience
As the Instagram Wrapped 2023 trend continues to captivate users, it’s essential to approach it with a blend of excitement and caution. While the insights may offer intriguing reflections, users should always prioritize their privacy and exercise prudence when sharing personal data with third-party applications.
Keep in mind that your online experience is ultimately in your hands and enjoy the journey!
While you are enjoying the new feature, make sure to check out our article on how Facebook and Instagram are starting to charge for ad-free experience, which may wrap up your presence in them for good.
Featured image credit: Özgürcan Özergin/Bing Image Creator