Today we are here to discuss the latest Halo MCC patch notes. Numerous bug patches and a few new features are included in the most recent version, according to the official HALO MCC patch notes.
Previously, a significant update brought the console’s most recent game engine. Sadly, with the most recent patch, gamers have reported a variety of problems with the game.
These problems will be resolved by the August 31st Halo Master Chief Collection patch. See additional information below.
Halo MCC patch notes – August 31
Below you can find the Halo MCC patch notes released on August 31:
All campaigns in Halo: The Master Chief Collection now have subtitles for the mission dialogue. Subtitles can be enabled and customized by going to the Settings menu’s Accessibility tab and choosing the Subtitle Settings option.
New skulls added to Halo: Reach
The Halo: Reach campaign now include the acrophobia and bandana skulls.
New forge features
Halo’s Forge: Reach has got a number of new upgrades:
- With a single button press, you can duplicate an object while keeping all of its assigned properties.
- Reset Orientation: Previously accessible through the Forge menu, this function is now accessible via a hotkey.
- Delete By Palette and Delete Everything: Using this shortcut in the Forge menu, you can either delete everything or all the items in a specific palette.
- Location Name Markers: With the help of these movable objects, players can label certain regions on their maps with one of 256 predefined names. Only the canvas maps for Forge World and Tempest presently offer this capability.
There are now commonly asked questions and a vertical layout for the Options & Career section. This menu now includes access to The Exchange, which was previously only found on the main menu.
- Now, messages longer than two lines will scroll down to the bottom of the text chat window.
- The text chat window is no longer closed by loading screens, and messages that were in process are no longer lost.
- When the game reaches a loading screen, voice chat won’t be interrupted any more.
- After being rebound to a key other than the default one, the Toggle Panel function in Theater will now reliably close the control panel.
- The initial load into a Custom Game Browser (CGB) session will now reliably display loading screen elements and the right map’s image
- The Customization menu in Halo 3 now displays tertiary armor colors as intended.
- Enhanced frames per second (FPS) in the Xbox One X consoles’ Customization menu.
- The tooltip for the Preferred Species choice in the Customization menus of Halo 2, Halo 2: Anniversary, and Halo 3 has been fixed.
- Tip sheets for locked Information on how to unlock that material is now available in the Halo 3: ODST Customization content.
- After adjusting the in-game text language setting, the tab names in the Settings menu will now update correctly.
- Third Person Field-of-View has replaced Vehicle Field-of-View (FOV) as the default setting. This adjustment was implemented since the camera’s field of view was also impacted by the setting when using turrets or weapons like the flamethrower.
User generated content (UGC)
- The Choose Map carousel in a Custom Games lobby will now show the accurate number of Map Variants on each map’s thumbnail.
- After being uploaded and viewed in the Shared Files menu, files will no longer show inflated file sizes.
- Once downloaded, files from the Shared Files menu or from another player’s File Share will no longer display a file size of 0.
- In Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 multiplayer, editing default Game Variants and saving them now appropriately lists the player in the Edited By line in the My Files menu.
- Brightness and Contrast slider tooltips for the UI Color Blindness setting have been enhanced. These revised tooltips now make it clear that the Brightness and Contrast sliders add their adjustments to the Brightness and Contrast settings for the game available in the Video tab of the Settings menu.
- Weapon crosshairs are now more distinct when aimed at allies and when in their normal configuration when using the tritanopia color blindness setting.
- When the Speech to Text accessibility mode is active, the text chat window scrolls correctly.
- After restarting the game and going to the main menu, the selected UI Color Blindness setting will now be displayed as intended.
- The names of all the games specified in the Customization menu will now be accurately read by the Narrator feature.
- While navigating menus, the game’s color blindness settings will no longer take precedence over the UI’s color blindness settings.
Halo: Combat Evolved
- Now it’s possible to bypass campaign cutscenes without using several button inputs.
- In multiplayer maps, there is now a delay before a player may trigger another teleport in order to better mimic heritage behavior.
- The text on the Heads-Up Display (HUD) is now larger in the upper left corner.
- Targeting Flood Carrier forms will now cause the crosshair to turn red and, when using a controller, aim aid will function as intended.
- Visual artifacts do not appear while using Classic graphics after the Master Chief places the Index into the control panel in the “Two Betrayals” quest.
Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer
- A problem in the multiplayer version of Classic that led players with low shields to see their own shield bar flash and hear damage sound effects when firing their weapon has been fixed.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- In Classic graphics mode, characters’ faces in cutscenes will no longer appear to twitch while they speak.
- Held weapons will now carry over between applicable campaign missions. Applicable mission transitions include:
- Outskirts to Metropolis
- The Arbiter to The Oracle
- Delta Halo to Regret
- Sacred Icon to Quarantine Zone
- Uprising to Great Journey
- Some weapon elements like Shotgun shells are no longer visible when cloaked with Anniversary graphics enabled.
- After completing a mission with Classic graphics enabled, switching between graphic modes during the next mission’s opening cutscene will no longer cause the video to freeze or co-op sessions to disconnect.
- Turning and boosting simultaneously in a Ghost will no longer cause players or their Ghost to shake or stutter.
- Classic audio quality has been improved to better match legacy behavior.
Halo 3: ODST
- Resolved visual issues affecting shield effects on Stealth Flood Combat Brutes.
- The Boom Skull now has an “experimental skull” warning in the Mission Select menu.
- Combat dialogue from the player’s character will now consistently play in the selected voice language.
- The use of scoped weapons in a split-screen session caused graphics problems in the screen’s corners, which have been fixed.
- When Performance graphics are chosen on a PC and the mission “Forerunner,” the Master Chief now appears as intended in the opening sequence.
- Players with Elite as their Preferred Species can now enter Sabres in multiplayer.
- When flown upside down, the Sabre and Seraph vehicles will no longer appear to spin when viewed by other players.
- Smoke emitting from Noble 6’s helmet in the campaign’s intro cinematic will now animate smoothly.
- Resolved a rare issue that allowed players to appear standing on top of vehicles in first-person while maintaining control of the vehicle and using their on-foot weapons.
- The “Swift and Shallow” Achievement will now unlock more consistently when hijacking Banshees in campaign.
This Halo MCC patch notes includes several new known issues:
- On Xbox consoles, leaving a Custom Game Browser (CGB) session, adding a Guest profile for splitscreen, then rejoining the previous CGB session may result in one of two errors:
- In Halo 3: players will create a private Custom Game rather than joining the intended CGB session.
- In all other titles: players will receive a “Connection Interrupted” error while loading into the CGB session.
- On Xbox consoles, mouse and keyboard settings revert to their default values when Halo: The Master Chief Collection is closed then re-opened.
- Forge maps or custom Game Variants may appear as “Corrupt File” if the associated game is not installed.
- Pressing the Retry button after receiving a Sign In Error popup will result in a loop requiring a game restart.
- On Xbox One and Xbox One S consoles, the Blurred option for the Subtitle Background setting has a black background.
- Because of the color contrast, some Color Palettes and Dialogue Palettes, including Sunset and Iridescent, might be challenging to read.
- When the in-game text language is set to Chinese, Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST do not have gameplay subtitles (Simplified and Traditional).
- Xbox console and PC Campaign warning popups that are prompted by a controller or keyboard are not read by narrators.
- Players’ Joinable Status from the Player Details menu is not read aloud by narrators.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Mission dialogue subtitles are not available for non-English languages.
- Cutscene subtitles are still available for all non-English languages.
- The “Another Day at the Beach” and “Friend or Foe” cinematics in the Extras menu do not have subtitles.
- If the New Skins setting is set to Disabled, players who have new armor pieces equipped will appear to have low resolution default armor.
- Spartan Miller’s subtitles at the beginning of Spartan Ops Episode 5, Chapter 1 are not accurate.
- If your Subtitle Size is set to Medium or larger and multiple characters are speaking at once, subtitles may leave the screen before dialogue is complete.
- Subtitles in Spartan Ops do not identify who is speaking.
- Del Rio’s subtitles near the end of the mission “Infinity” repeat a line of dialogue twice.
- When zooming in with the Target Locator, the scope’s compass is not visible at the bottom of the screen.
How much space does Halo MCC take up?
- Xbox consoles: approximately 34GB or less
- Microsoft Store app or Xbox app on PC: approximately 37.9 GB or less
- Steam: approximately 14.4GB or less