Today we are explaining CS: GO update rank reset and patch notes, so you can adapt your gameplay accordingly.
The next Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update from Valve introduces a significant change that players will notice right away. The patch notes state that a new matchmaking update, intended to reset ranks as part of a new push by the development team, was introduced on August 1. And because of this, anyone wishing to identify their new skill set must participate in at least one match and triumph in order to do so.
CS GO update rank reset and patch notes (August 1)
- Multiple changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm, which will require Skill Groups to be recalibrated for accuracy. Your Skill Group will not be visible until you win your next match.
- Game instructor should now correctly reload saved state if it is disabled and re-enabled.
- Game instructor floating hints are disabled in competitive matches.
- Changes to Cannons
- Altered the angle that the North cannon faces
- Cannons can now be aimed upwards, and is now 2x faster
- Now have 3 firing speeds (change with mouse2)
- Reduced inaccuracy multiplier
- Killfeed now shows weapon icon
- Produce a beefy screen shake and more particle effects
- Base model now also rotates
- Added damage falloff to cannonballs after their initial collision
- Fixed being able to bumpmine away from cannon and keep control
- Fixed cannons continuing to turn when no longer in use
- Added bus to bus stop outside Industry
The modifications that Valve ship to CS:GO’s matchmaking mechanism typically are so minor that they don’t mention them in their release notes. But since everyone who plays CS:GO will be impacted by today’s update, some explanation is necessary. You’ll note that when you launch CS:GO, your skill group is not shown; you must win one more match before it is revealed. The majority of you will notice that your Skill Group has changed, but some of you might discover that you were previously in the proper Skill Group.
We hope that you enjoyed this article on CS GO update rank reset and patch notes. If you did, make sure that you check out our other articles, such as how to fix stuck on connecting to CS:GO network, or how to check CS:GO server status.