TikTok Top 10 is here for you. We’re headed into the final weeks of 2021, and TikTok has shared an overview of some of the top creators and trends of the year, which also serves as a summary of the broader web trends and memes that dominated another COVID-impacted period.
As explained by TikTok:
“This year, our community discovered new ways to express creativity, championed the teams and the causes they care about, and found new favorites – from recipes to new music trends and genres. Across the United States, creators inspired others to open a new book, chomp on hot chicken, and treat themselves to a “Bones Day.”
TikTok Top 10: Creators
Here’s a look at the top 10 creators on the app right now.
TikTok Top 10: Clips
TikTok has shared the top videos of the year, starting with the video ‘Drone Dancing’ by David Allen aka @totouchanemu.
I may not have @maxtaylorlifts dumpy but I do have a drone.
This TikTok video integrates several key elements of the most popular TikTokes, including a catchy song and dance tune, a remix of an existing video, and a unique creative style.
The video currently sits at 313 million views and 43.9 million likes, highlighting the huge reach potential of viral TikTok videos – even with a relatively simple, yet interesting idea.
Other videos on TikTok’s top clips list include:
- @chipmunksoftiktok – Squishy the Chipmunk hiding nuts in his mouth
- @_catben_ – Restocking at its finest
- @my_aussie_gal – Dog painting
- @zachking – Zach King disappearing into his art
- @tracy.oj – The original “Woman” dance video
- @chaotticgoood – Please don’t go
- @felixgabrielmusic – Here comes the boy musical edition
- @sunisalee_ – Sunisa Lee celebrating her gold
- @zeddywill – Bro who got you smiling like that?
TikTok Top 10: Songs
Music also plays a key role on TikTok. Some new artists even change their songs to fit in with TikTok trends, and maximize sales.
The top songs on TikTok in 2021 were:
- “Adderall (Corvette Corvette)” – Popp Hunna
- “Batman ” – LPB Poody
- “Bundles (feat. Taylor Girlz)” – Kayla Nicole
- “Kiss Me More (feat. SZA)” – Doja Cat
- “TWINNEM” – Coi Leray
- “Up” – Cardi B
- “Buss It” – Erica Banks
- “Astronaut In The Ocean” – Masked Wolf
- “Punk Monk” – Playboi Carti
- “drivers license” – Olivia Rodrigo
TikTok Top 10: Effects
TikTok has also shared the most popular AR effects, which include the ‘Psychedelic Clown’ effect and others, through the year.
The effect is most commonly used in a self-deprecating way, making fun of your own foolish choices. The top effects on TikTok in 2021 were:
- Psychedelic Clown
- Inverted Filter
- Versailles Run
- Photo Crop
- Freeze Frame Slow Zoom
- Autumn Aesthetic
- Slow Zoom Taylor
- Renaissance Art (Green Screen Scan)
- Red and Blue Filter
You can check out TikTok’s full best of 2021 overview here.