The Intel Alder Lake T microprocessor has leaked, revealing the new processors that the company will sell for low-power desktop computers, notably small form factor, passively cooled minicomputers with no active fans.
Alder Lake is Intel’s most interesting processing platform in the last decade. The next-generation Core processors, which will be based on a hybrid big architecture, are currently in production. LITTLE design that combines cores of the same type that has been used in all ARM SoCs for smartphones or tablets for years.
Intel will take advantage of the launch to support the latest technologies and standards such as DDR5 memories and the PCIe 5.0 interface, in addition to debuting new motherboards with 600 series chipsets. With this generation, the company will cover all of the market areas in which it presently operates, from data center servers to micro-PCs.
Intel Alder Lake T, versions
Intel will launch at least seven models under this platform. They will be distinguished by their number of cores, operating frequencies, caches, and levels of UHD integrated graphics included, although in all cases they will have a common value: a TDP consumption of 35 watts, which is a significant distance from the 125 and 65 watts of general desktop CPUs and
The most powerful model will be the Core i9-12900T. Development with 8 high-performance processing cores and eight lower-level cores for tasks that do not require as much performance. The number of total threads will be 24, its shared cache of 30MB, and its integrated graphics a UHD 770. The rest of the models and specifications will be as follows, according to the leak:
- Core i9-12900T 16 (8 + 8) – 24 threads – 30MB L3 – up to 4.9 GHz – iGPU UHD 770
- Core i7-12700T 12 (8 + 4) – 20 threads – 25MB L3 – up to 4.7 GHz – iGPU UHD 770
- Core i5-12600T 6 (6 + 0) – 12 threads -18MB L3 – up to 4.6 GHz – iGPU UHD 770
- Core i5-12500T 6 (6 + 0) – 12 threads – 18MB L3 – up to 4.4 GHz – iGPU UHD 770
- Core i5-12400T 6 (6 + 0) – 12 threads – 18MB L3 – up to 4.2 GHz – iGPU UHD 730
- Core i3-12300T 4 (4 + 0) – 8 threads – 12MB L3 – up to 4.2 GHz – iGPU UHD 730
- Core i3-12100T 4 (4 + 0) – 8 threads – 12MB L3 – up to 4.1 GHz – iGPU UHD 730
In all cases, they will require new motherboards with 600 series chipsets, as this platform is not backward compatible with any previous series. No pricing has been provided for these Intel Alder Lake T, a very interesting variant for powering small, low-power entry-level computers for IT desktops, offices, or home theater living room PCs.