If you don’t know how to factory reset your Chromecast, we are going to help you out in this guide. There might be several reasons for you to reset the device. If you are going to sell it you generally want to give a clean device away. Or there are some bugs in the operating system and you want to solve all problems at once, keep reading because we have the solution.
How to factory reset your Chromecast?
If you have a Chromecast and you want to start from the beginning as if you had just taken it out of its box we explain what you have to do to factory reset it.
There are two methods to factory reset your Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast Audio. You can factory reset the device from the Google Home app or from the device itself. Follow these steps to factory reset your Chromecast from the Google Home app:
- In the Home tab tap on the Chromecast icon.
- Tap on the gear icon at the top right to access the device Settings.
- Tap Menu > Factory Reset.
- Confirm that you want to reset to factory data.
Follow these steps to factory reset your Chromecast from the device:
- Turn on the device and TV.
- Press and hold the Chromecast button until the LED light starts flashing.
- The device will reboot and give you the option to factory reset.