Twitter continues to make progress in its monetization functions, with a limited test for each of its expected functions, both for Super Follows, to offer additional exclusive content to subscribers, and for Ticketed Spaces, which allows for extra features in audio rooms.
That said, the limited tests are aimed for now at users in the United States, where in the case of Super Follows, will only be available for iOS, while Ticketed Spaces will be available on both Android and iOS.
Users will be able to find out if they are eligible by encountering a new sidebar option in the mobile apps called “Monetization,” allowing them to apply for each of the two programs that have now just arrived.
Twitter will be creating small groups for these features as requests come in, to refine them before rolling them out more broadly to more users.
Super Follows will allow subscribers to be charged $2.99, $4.99, or $9.99 per month, while Ticketed Spaces will allow charging between $1 and $999 for access to audio rooms under additional features.
After the Android and iOS platform fees are collected, users will keep 97% of the revenue while Twitter keeps the remaining 3%, rising to 20% if a user reaches over $50,000 in both programs.
Undoubtedly, we had been hearing for some time about the monetization features that Twitter has been working on for some time to try to offer extra features, without losing features in free accounts, as has happened on other platforms over time.
What is most interesting is that Twitter is betting on the fact that users can take a large chunk of the revenue, with much lower commissions than on many other social platforms, although it matches OnlyFans, which charges a 20% commission.
Undoubtedly, the aspect of commissions can be a factor to be taken into account when a user decides to earn income from one platform or another, and even more so if we are talking about Ticketed Spaces, which is in a segment that has been quite fanned since the appearance on the scene of Clubhouse.
With the arrival of these limited tests, and knowing Twitter, in a few months they may offer us data on the results they have received in both programs.