The ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultralight is presented as one of the most interesting ultrabooks of the moment, thanks to its careful design, its low weight, and its excellent choice of components, as it combines a powerful and low-power processor, based on Intel’s Tiger Lake series, with a very versatile GPU: The NVIDIA GeForce MX450.
Before we get into its specifications, let’s take a look at its design and finishes. The ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultralight uses a chassis made of magnesium alloy, a premium material that stands out for offering high resistance, a “premium” feel, and for being very light. Its quality is beyond any doubt, and proof of this can be found in its MIL-STD 810G certification for military-grade resistance.
The screen uses a NanoEdge type design, which means it has very contained edges (the screen-to-body ratio is 92%), uses a 14-inch IPS panel with 1,920 x 1,080-pixel resolution capable of reproducing 100% of the sRGB color spectrum, and has perfect viewing angles at 178 degrees.
As for the keyboard, on the ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultralight, we find a chiclet-style solution with a 1.4 mm stroke per keystroke and backlighting for trouble-free working even in zero ambient lighting conditions. The touchpad comes with the ASUS NumberPad 2.0 system, allowing us to use it as a number pad. The ErgoLift hinge rounds off an outstanding package, providing a significant improvement in ergonomics and cooling.
ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultralight specs, pricing, and release date
- 14-inch display with IPS panel and 1080p resolution at 60Hz. It reproduces 100% of the sRGB color spectrum and has 178-degree viewing angles
- 11th gen Intel Core processor (Tiger Lake) with up to 4 cores and 8 threads
- Integrated Intel Iris Xe (standard configuration) or GeForce MX450 (optional) GPU with 2GB graphics memory
- 8GB-16GB LPDDR4X memory
- 512GB or 1TB PCIe SSD storage drive (Optional: 32GB Intel Optane memory)
- Two Thunderbolt 4 ports, one USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A connector, 3.5mm jack, HDMI 2.0b output, and microSD card reader
- Front-facing HD camera with infrared and privacy tab
- Backlit chiclet keyboard with 1.4mm travel
- Touchpad with ASUS NumberPad 2.0
- 63 Wh battery, compatible with quick charging up to 65W. Promises up to 17 hours of battery life per battery charge
- Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Harman Kardon sound, integrated microphone
- Dimensions: 31.93 x 20.17 x 1.49-1.56cm
- Weight: 980g in its base configuration, 990g in the most powerful configuration
- Windows 10 Home-Pro as the operating system
- Includes the entire ecosystem of ASUS applications and tools: Such as Link to MyASUS, system diagnostics, and Wi-Fi SmartConnect
- MIL-STD 810G military endurance certified
The ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultralight will be available starting this week with a price of $2,398 in its base configuration. That configuration includes 8GB RAM, a quad-core, and eight-thread Intel Core i5 1135G7 processor, an Intel Iris Xe GPU, and a 512GB SSD storage drive, more than enough to cover the needs of almost any kind of average user.
If you need something more powerful, you can opt for the top-of-the-line configuration of the ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultralight, which includes an Intel Core i7 1165G7 processor, 16GB of LPDDR4X memory, 1TB SSD accompanied by 32GB Intel Optane memory, and a GeForce MX450 graphics card with 2GB dedicated memory.