If you don’t know how to mute a contact’s status update on WhatsApp, we are going to help you out. There are users who don’t really check what people are sharing on the popular messaging app.
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2021?
- How to make Siri talk when the iPhone is plugged in on iOS 14?
- How to check if your passwords were compromised on iOS 14?
Fortunately, the ability to silence contact status was introduced some time ago. This way you will not have to see a contact’s status update that you are not interested in seeing.
How to mute a contact’s status update on WhatsApp?
For many users in the application, these status are something unnecessary, which does not really contribute anything. As in social networks, we have the ability to block those status updates, and you will not be able to see them anymore. Just follow the steps:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the Status tab.
- Find the status of that person you want to mute.
- Enter that status update.
- Click on the three dots icon at the top right.
- Click on mute.
- Confirm your action.
With these steps, you won’t see that contact’s status update again. If there are more people you want to mute, you only need to repeat the same steps for each one. There is no way to do it if that person has not uploaded a status in his account.