AirPods Max is presented, it is Apple’s first-ever headset and we are going to talk about its specs, price, and release date. These new headphones bring noise cancellation, transparency, and spatial audio from the AirPods Pro in a new format.
- Apple has a new anti-tracking policy and they are warning developers
- Apple prepares next generation 32-core processor for Macs
- Apple Family Sharing for third-party apps are available now
AirPods Max specs
H1 chip for an immersive experience
The AirPods Max incorporates an H1 chip in each earphone. This component has 10 audio cores, capable of handling 9 billion operations per second and offering a computer audio based experience. Thanks to this technology, these new wireless headphones from Apple offer the following features:
- Active noise cancelation, which filters out outside sound to improve what we hear. To do this, it has three microphones that detect outside sound and a fourth microphone to analyze the sound that reaches our ears. In addition, it constantly adjusts to our movement and adjusts with our head.
- Transparency mode, which is used to let the ambient sound pass through our music. You can activate or deactivate it by just pressing a button.
- Spatial audio, which allows us to enjoy a sound that takes into account our movements. Using the gyroscope and accelerometer, as well as the iPhone and iPad, the headphones are able to detect if we move our head to adapt the sound accordingly. It is capable of reproducing sound in 5.1, 7.1, and Dolby Atmos.
- Adaptive Equalizer, which adjusts the bass and midrange according to how we wear the AirPods Max, as well as the isolation of the ear pads.
These features sound like what you might find on the AirPods Pro. The latter also features noise cancellation, transparency, and spatial audio, which came with a software update a few months ago.
AirPods Max: Custom design for long listening sessions
Apple claims that creating the Max AirPods experience has required a great deal of effort. It features a breathable mesh throughout the headband, to distribute weight without generating heat to the user. So we can expect more comfortable sessions than other headsets.
The headband is made of steel, providing flexibility and adjusting to all types of heads. The headphones are located at the end of the telescopic “arms” that unfold and stay in place. In each one, we find “a revolutionary mechanism that balances and distributes the pressure”, according to Apple. This makes it possible to fit each user perfectly.
The pads are made of a visco-elastic material that isolates while providing comfort to the user. It is noteworthy that the AirPods Max has a Digital Crown because it was inspired by the Apple Watch. With it, we can command Siri, play a song, turn up the volume, or answer calls.
The AirPods Max is available in five colors: silver, space gray, navy blue, green, and pink. Airpods Max comes with a Smart Case and a USB-C cable in the box. Smart Case will reduce power consumption significantly, according to Apple.
AirPods Max price and release date
Apple Airpods Max will have a $549 price tag. You can pre-order now and the shipping will start next Tuesday, 15th December. In order to use them, it will be necessary to have at least macOS 11.1, iOS 14.3, iPadOS 14.3, watchOS 7.2 or tvOS 14.3 installed on our device.