Samsung presented Galaxy Book Flex 5G at the consumer electronics fair, IFA 2020. It is a convertible PC with 5G and the new Tiger Lake.
Samsung does not have as much as presence in the computer sector in contrary to other segments such as smartphones or televisions. But Galaxy Book Flex 5G is the first 5G Samsung PC with Intel’s EVO/Project Athena certification, so you can expect a long battery life, fast charging, and faster resume after waking up from sleep mode.
It is a convertible with a 13.3-inch multi-touch screen, native 1920×1080 resolution and it includes an S-Pen stylus with pressure-sensitive input. In a slim and lightweight chassis, it features a 360-degree hinge system to rotate the screen for laptop and tablet modes.
Galaxy Book Flex 5G has the new Intel Tiger Lake processors, Core i5 or Core i7 models with Intel Iris Xe graphics, accompanied by 16GB LPDDR4x RAM and up to 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD.
- Dell XPS 13: 11th Gen Intel Core processors and Intel Xe graphics
- Lenovo announces its new high-end tablet, Tab P11 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 is out: read full specifications
It debuts the new Thunderbolt 4 standard with USB Type-C ports, it has Wi-Fi 6, HDMI, a headphone jack, a microSD memory card reader and dual cameras, a 13MP main camera and a 720p webcam.
Galaxy Book Flex 5G specifications
- Display: 13.3-inch, Multi-touch with S Pen
- Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels
- CPU: Intel Core 11th Generation – Core i5 and Core i7
- GPU: Intel Iris Xe
- RAM: Up to 16GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
- Connectivity: 5G, LTE, Thunderbolt 4, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 6, fingerprint reader
- Dimensions: 304.9×202.3×13.9 ~ 14.9mm
- Weight: 1.26kg
- Battery: 69.7Wh
Samsung has not informed the price for this next-gen convertible, a form factor that will be used for many models with Intel’s Tiger Lake processors. You will be able to pre-install Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro and we expect a launch in the next few weeks.