In this article, we are going to be covering D23 Expo highlights: Loki, Star Wars, Inside Out 2, and more, so you know what to wait for from Disney.
Disney‘s film and television studios, including Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Walt Disney Studios, Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios, 20th Century Studios, and Disney Branded Television, revealed a slew of new details at the D23 Expo, which took place on September 9-11 at the Anaheim Convention Center, adjacent to Disneyland.
Highlights included panels with cast and creatives from practically every major Disney product, providing fans with new peeks at everything from Indiana Jones 5 to Disenchanted, and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever to The Little Mermaid. New announcements included Disney Animation’s ambitious next project Wish, starring Ariana DeBose, and Christian Slater joining the Willow remake.
D23 Expo highlights: Movies
Here is all you need to know about the movies from D23 Expo highlights.
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
The audience was treated to fresh footage from the threequel, which stars Paul Rudd, Kathryn Newton, Evangeline Lilly, and Jonathan Majors. It hits cinemas on February 17th.
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
The audience erupted when they saw images from the MCU sequel featuring Angela Bassett as Ramonda. It hits cinemas on November 11th.
Captain America: New World Order
Shira Haas and Tim Blake Nelson have joined the cast of Anthony Mackie’s sequel. It will be released in theaters on May 3, 2024.
Kevin Feige has stated that Matt Shakman would helm the reboot film, which will be released in theaters on November 8, 2024.
Several casting announcements have been made for the Jake Schreier-directed film, which will conclude Phase 5 of the MCU on July 26, 2024. David Harbour, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Wyatt Russell, Florence Pugh, Sebastian Stan, Hannah John-Kamen, and Olga Kurylenko are among them.
Indiana Jones 5
A trailer for the fifth edition of the profitable 41-year-old franchise was shown to the audience. Harrison Ford addressed the audience and said that this will be his final performance as America’s favorite archeologist. “I’m done,” he declared. “I will not fall down for you again.”
Christian Slater was confirmed as a cast member in a new teaser for the reworking of the 1988 fantasy classic. He joins Warwick Davis, Joanne Whalley, Ruby Cruz, Erin Kellyman, Ellie Bamber, Dempsey Bryk, Amar Chadha-Patel, and Tony Revolori in the cast.
Avatar: The Way of Water
The audience was shown footage from James Cameron’s long-awaited sequel to one of the highest-grossing pictures of all time.
Disney live-action adaptations
- Mufasa: The Lion King: The title of the prequel was revealed, and a sneak glimpse was displayed in the room. It will be available in 2024.
- The Little Mermaid: New teaser trailer has been released. The film will be released in the summer of 2023.
- Hocus Pocus 2: A new trailer for the sequel, which will premiere exclusively on Disney+ on September 30th, has been released.
- Disenchanted: The first trailer for the sequel, which will be available exclusively on Disney+ beginning November 24.
- Peter Pan & Wendy: In 2023, it will be available on Disney+.
Elio: America Ferrera will appear in the next Pixar feature film about 11-year-old dreamer Elio (Yonas Kibreab). Adrian Molina directed the film, while Mary Alice Drumm produced it. The plot: Elio is an imaginative, creative, and ardent outdoorsman who struggles to fit in. Meanwhile, Mom Olga is working on a top-secret military project to analyze a weird signal from space. But it’s Elio who makes contact, is blasted into space, and is mistaken for Earth’s cosmic ambassador. It will be available in the spring of 2024.
Elemental: The Pixar film’s lead stars have been named, and the release date has been set for June 16.
Inside Out 2: Amy Poehler will reprise her role in the Pixar sequel. The film will be released in the summer of 2024.
Strange World: A new trailer for the Disney Animation feature picture has been published. The film will be released in cinemas on November 23.
Wish: The title of Walt Disney Animation Studio’s next original feature film, which will be released in the fall of 2023, has been announced. The plot was devised by directors Chris Buck and Fawn Veerasunthorn, and it takes place in Rosas, the country of wishes where wishes truly come true. It revolves around Asha (Ariana DeBose), a 17-year-old girl who makes an impassioned appeal to the stars, which is answered by a cosmic force, a little ball of unlimited energy known as Star.
Together, they battle the most dangerous of opponents to preserve her town and demonstrate that marvelous things can happen when the will of one brave human meets with the power of the stars. Alan Tudyk will play Valentino, a goat. Julia Michaels is responsible for all of the tunes. Jennifer Lee wrote the script, Peter Del Vecho produced it, and Juan Pablo Reyes co-produced it.
D23 Expo highlights: TV shows
Here is all you need to know about TV shows from D23 Expo highlights.
The final trailer for Diego Luna’s Disney+ series was published. The Star Wars universe drama will launch on Disney+ on September 21.
Season 3 of the Disney+ series starring Pedro Pascal has received a teaser.
Star Wars: The Bad Batch
Season 2 of Disney+’s Star Wars universe animated series about the Bad Batch’s elite and experimental clones has been put back from September 28 to January 4.
Ke Huy Quan has joined the Season 2 cast of Disney+’s series, which also stars Tom Hiddleston, Owen Wilson, and Sophia Di Martino. The production is underway, but the debut date has yet to be determined.
Daredevil: Born Again
Kevin Feige and co-star Vincent D’Onofrio were excited to preview the upcoming Disney+ series starring Charlie Cox. In 2023, production will commence.
The full trailer for the Disney+ series starring Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury that premieres in 2023.
- Ironheart: Shakira Barrera has joined the cast of Dominique Thorne’s Disney+ sitcom Riri Williams. The premiere date is yet unknown.
- Armor Wars: Don Cheadle will reprise his role as Col. James Rhodes in a standalone series that will depict the character in a completely different perspective. The premiere date is yet unknown.
- Echo: Alaqua Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Devery Jacobs, Graham Greene, Cody Lightning, and Chaske Spencer, as well as Tantoo Cardinal and Zahn McClarnon, offered an exclusive glimpse at the new series. The premiere date is yet unknown.
- Werewolf by Night: The Halloween-themed program, starring Gael Garcia Bernal and Laura Donnelly, was announced, along with a teaser and an October 7 launch date on Disney+.
- Tales of the Jedi: The first trailer for the short-form animated anthology series rooted in the Star Wars world was released, along with an October 26 start date.
- American Born Chinese: Consider the original series from Disney Branded Television and 20th Television first. The film will be released in 2023.
- Big Shot: The second season of Disney Branded Television and ABC Signature series featuring John Stamos will debut on October 12.
- Iwájú: In 2023, a brand-new original long-form series developed in conjunction with Pan-African comic book entertainment firm Kugali will be released. The series’ setting—a love letter to Lagos, Nigeria—was proposed by Kugali filmmakers Olufikayo Ziki Adeola, Hamid Ibrahim, and Tolu Olowofoyeku.
- The Muppets Mayhem: The Disney Branded Television and ABC Signature comedy series will premiere on the streaming service in 2023.
- National Treasure: Edge of History: The trailer for an original series from Disney Branded Television and ABC Signature, which will launch with two episodes on December 14, has been revealed.
- Prom Pact: The first look at a new Disney Branded Television film.
- The Proud Family: Season 2 of Louder and Prouder premieres in February. New trailer has been released.
- The Santa Clauses: The first look teaser for Disney Branded Television and 20th Television’s original series starring Tim Allen has been published. It will premiere on November 16th.
- Win or Lose: Will Forte has joined the voice cast of Pixar’s first-ever longform series. In the fall of 2023, it will be available on Disney+.
- Zootopia+: A new trailer for a short-form series has been released. On November 9, Disney+ will launch.
- Best in Snow: Tituss Burgess hosts a tournament in which teams from across the world are transported to Snowdome, a wonderful snowy hamlet, and fight for the title of Best in Snow. There is no confirmed debut date.
- Pentatonix: Pentatonix is trying to find inspiration for its annual Christmas album, Around the World for the Holidays, and the clock is ticking. There is no confirmed debut date.
- The Hip Hop Nutcracker: Revenge of Run-D.M.C. Run transports us to New York City for a hip-hop rendition of The Nutcracker ballet. There is no confirmed debut date.
- Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur: The first teaser for the Disney Television Animation series was released, revealing that Alison Brie has joined the guest voice cast. Releases on Disney+ on February 10th.
- Under Wraps 2: The sequel from Disney Branded Television and MarVista Entertainment will premiere on September 25 and will be available on Disney+ on September 30.
- Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures: Jamaal Avery Jr. and Emma Berman have joined the cast of Lucasfilm’s next animated series, which will air in 2023.
We hope that you enjoyed this article on D23 Expo highlights: Loki, Star Wars, Inside Out 2, and more. If you did, we are sure that you will also enjoy reading some of our other articles, such as Disney Speedstorm: Everything you need to know, or 20 best beginner tips for Disney Dreamlight Valley.