Today we are here to show you how to hide mutual friends on Facebook. The only method to hide your mutual friends—even if you can hide your complete friends list from everyone—is to ask your friends to do the same.
Over time, Facebook has added a number of privacy features, the most significant of which is the private setting for the friends list, which gives users complete control over their profile. On the left side of the user’s profile page, underneath the cover photo, there is a buddy list option on Facebook. All of your friends will automatically be visible to anybody who views your profile by default.
If you don’t want your friend list to be seen by everyone, even complete strangers, you can adjust the privacy settings. The largest social networking site provides a wide range of security choices under privacy settings to aid users in maintaining their security. This implies that you have the option of hiding your Friends list from everyone, from a select group of friends, or from everyone. Maybe learning how to unfriend multiple friends on Facebook at once can also help you!
How to hide mutual friends on Facebook?
Using any device, including iOS, Android, or even your laptop, you may hide mutual friends on Facebook. The best feature is the ability to hide the friend list from everyone or just one individual.
- Launch Facebook on your Android device. It’s a blue emblem with a white “f” inside. Usually, you can find it in the app drawer or on the home screen.
- Click on the hamburger menu. It is located in the screen’s upper right corner. This makes the menu visible.
- Scroll down and tap “Settings and Privacy.” It’s close to the bottom of the menu, near to an icon that looks like a gear.
- Select “Settings.” The first selection is found beneath “Settings & Privacy.” It’s just beside an icon that looks like a gear.
- Then click “Privacy Settings.” The first choice after “Privacy” is this. It’s right beside an icon that looks like a lock.
- Click the “Who can see your friends list?” link. It’s listed under the headline “How People Find and Contact You.”
- Press “Only me.” By doing this, your Facebook friends list is hidden from everyone. At this stage, though, your Facebook friends can still see which friends you share.
- If you don’t see this choice, click “See more” to bring up the full list of choices.
- Ask your friends to set “Only me” as the only person who may read their friend list. Your Facebook friends won’t be able to view your mutual friends until they’ve made this similar modification to their settings.
Numerous businesses have violated the privacy of social media users ever since social media was invented. Big data mining businesses have been scouring social media platforms for personal data about users and exploiting this data in targeted adverts. Cambridge Analytica is an illustration of a data mining business; it has been using social media data for political advertising.
This business monitors a person’s public posts on social media and then analyzes this data for use in targeted advertising. No matter how minor it may seem, privacy is crucial and should never be violated. To protect your privacy, it’s crucial to learn how to hide mutual friends on Facebook. You can also find out how to view old stories on Facebook by visiting our guide!