As we already know, EMUI 11 is so far Huawei’s latest layer for its smartphones. The Chinese firm began the implementation of the same shortly after its announcement, made in September last year. Since then several terminals have received the update, but also many others who are waiting to be able to count on these new features.
Huawei’s forgotten phones: Will they receive EMUI 11?
There is no doubt that the problems that Huawei is suffering from Google, have also interfered in the proper progress of EMUI. Recall that EMUI 11 is a layer full of new features, but it is still based on Android 10, something that is a great disadvantage compared to its main rivals. Even so, and parallel to the development of harmonyOS. Huawei has been adapting EMUI 11 to its terminals present in the market. However, many users are waiting to know if their mobile will one day be updated to EMUI 11.
A slow process
EMUI 11 began rolling out on the P40 and Mate series in China, arriving soon after to the global market. Since the US veto came into force, many Huawei models have fallen by the wayside and have not reached Europe, but the question is to know what happens with EMUI 11 and those devices that for the moment are more forgotten and whose doubts about the arrival of EMUI 11 are greater. For this reason and although in China things work at another pace, Huawei still has a long job that could take months to bring this new version to several devices.
Forgotten phones for EMUI 11
On this occasion, it has been Huawei Central, which has compiled the status of some of the most popular terminals of the firm, as those terminals of which there is no news but should receive EMUI 11.
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G: This handset was launched with EMUI 10.1 and is currently one of the great forgottens of EMUI 11.
- Huawei P40 Lite: The standard variant without 5G, it is also currently running EMUI 10.1, which is the only major update it has received so far.
- Huawei Nova 6 SE/7i: It was also updated to EMUI 10.1 and since then is still waiting for some movement from the firm.
- Huawei Y6P: This is an economic terminal that arrived in the middle of last year and has EMUI 10.1 in its guts, with no news insight of its update.
- Huawei P Smart 2020: The device has been forgotten with EMUI 9.1 based on Android 9 Pie, and hopes of it receiving operating system updates fade as the months go by
- Huawei P Smart 2021 (Y7a in other markets): We are facing another of the terminals that we would expect to see with EMUI 11, but for the moment it is still anchored in EMUI 10.1.
It must be emphasized once again that Huawei is hamstrung and that its plans in the West have changed radically. Had Huawei’s veto not occurred, it is possible that EMUI 11 would have looked more like MIUI 12 or MIUI 12.5 from Xiaomi, that is, it would have been able to reach and adapt to even older terminals, even if the Android version was not the latest.
This means that there are terminals that will almost certainly not receive EMUI 11, but they should be considered by the brand for their technical freshness and the number of users who have them in their hands. Among them, we have bestsellers like the Huawei P Smart 2019, the Honor 8X and Honor 9X, or the Huawei P Smart S.