iOS 14.4, tvOS 14.4 and watchOS 7.3 beta versions are released by Apple. The updates for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Apple Watch are almost ready for public release after Apple released the Release Candidate versions of the Betas for developers this afternoon.
iOS / iPadOS 14.4 RC beta features
Apple has released iOS/iPadOS 14.4 RC (Release Candidate), the version that barring any last minute issues will be released to the general public shortly for Apple’s smartphone and tablet, which includes the following new features:
- Camera will recognize smaller QR codes
- Option to classify Bluetooth devices by category for correct identification of headsets for audio notifications
- The iPhone will notify you when it recognizes that the camera is not original on the new iPhone 12s
- Fix for artifacts that could appear in HDR photos on the iPhone 12 Pro
- Fix for issue that caused Activity widget information to not update
- Fix for keyboard lag and word suggestions not appearing
- Fix for issue that could cause the keyboard to not appear in the correct language within the Messages app
- Fix to issue that caused News stories in CarPlay to not resume after receiving directions from Maps
- Fix to the Accessibility issue that could cause calls to not be answered from the bnlock screen.
watchOS 7.3 beta features
As for the Apple Watch update to watchOS 7.3 the main new features included is a new setting that is not functional but could kick off Apple’s plan to add walking workouts in the final version and will be exclusive to Fitness+ subscribers.
These workouts would download when the Apple Watch is plugged into the charger near the iPhone, and the ones you complete will automatically clear. Also included is a new watch face inspired by the Pan American flag that will change throughout the day based on your movements, creating a unique and personalized watch face.
tvOS 14.4 beta features
The changes in tvOS 14.4 are not yet known, but are expected to be minor changes, we will inform you promptly if we find anything noteworthy.