Adobe released Photoshop Elements 2021 and Premiere Elements 2021, new versions of the photo and video editors, now available for Windows and macOS.
Adobe Photoshop is the world leader in graphic editing software. A reference that has become the de facto standard for professional photo and graphics editing and retouching. Last February, it celebrated the first 30 years since the first version arrived on the market. It has a number of overwhelming features. For example one of them is the Adobe Creative Suite and as a standalone product, it is very expensive for a consumer. The same can be said for Premiere.
- How to get a vintage look to your photos with Photoshop?
- How to make an animated GIF with Adobe Photoshop?
- How to manage passwords with Chrome password manager?
Aware of this, years ago Adobe started a line ‘Elements’ that allows access to these applications at a cheaper price than the Pro versions. Although they have fewer functions, they are easier to use and their potential is more than sufficient for basic users.
Photoshop Elements 2021 allows you to easily edit, create, organize and share your photos. The new version has optimized the organization and edition capacity using the artificial intelligence engine Sensei. They added new features such as:
- Add movement to your static images with ‘Moving Photos’.
- Refine portraits and group shots with the new facial tilt adjustment.
- Improve photos with quotes and personalized messages.
As for the Premiere Elements 2021 video editing tool, it adds features such as:
- Make accurate video selections with ‘Select-Object’.
- More power with GPU-accelerated performance
- Additional music tracks for your videos.
Adobe has added five guided editions to the new versions. They are the core of these applications that are intended to be easy to use by any user and deal with everything from basic settings to advanced artistic creations.
Another new feature comes from the automatic backup of the catalog structure. Cataloging (albums, keyword tags, people, places, events and more) is key to the organization of the photo and video library, and for this version, Adobe has added improvements based on user feedback.
Photoshop Elements 2021 and Premiere Elements 2021 prices
The new versions of Photoshop are now available for Windows and Mac. The prices are as follows:
- Adobe sells Photoshop Elements 2021 and Premiere Elements 2021 in a package for $149 for new users.
- The price for upgrading from previous versions is $119.
- Adobe offers special prices for students and teachers: $79.
- Individual applications are priced at $99 for new users and $79 for upgrades.
Adobe released Photoshop Elements 2021 and Premiere Elements 2021 and these lightweight versions are significantly less expensive than the standard editions and have plenty of features for a basic consumer to access technologies from the industry leader. Of course, the industry offers both commercial and free alternatives.