Which PS4 accessories will work with PS5? Sony answered some FAQ through a blog post, Sony will release two versions this time: A standard version with a disc player, and a Digital Edition. PS5 will be available for purchase worldwide from November 19. But what if you have PS4 and its accessories already?
Which PS4 accessories will work on PS5?
Sony made a detailed statement about which PS4 accessories will work with PS5. Will there be any limitation or diversity between two console? Nowadays not only backward compability is an important point to consider. Xbox Series X encouraged its console about forward compatibility, and now it’s Playstation’s turn.
- Xbox Series X, PS5 and PC gaming: an in-depth look
- Playstation 5 is introduced: price, specs and release date
- PS5 will only be compatible with PS4 games: Ubisoft confirms
Here is the official statement that explains forward compatibility of PS4 accessories:
- Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
- The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
- The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
- Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.
DualShock 4 will be fully compatible on the PS5, but won’t work with any games developed exclusively for the new platform. Sony explains that the new technologies they use on PS5 console won’t let Dualshock 4 controller to be compatible and you should experience exclusive games with PS5 controller, DualSense.