Intel is strengthening its processor range. Another development that we expect in the short term is the Jasper Lake. The company has not officially presented them, but we know them from previous leaks and now we have a list of the models that it will include.
The Intel Jasper lake is intended to power cheap PCs, small netbook-type notebooks or entry-level desktops including mini-PCs. They will be valued by users looking for equipment with sufficient performance for basic multimedia computing and entertainment and at a price suitable for all types of budgets. Also those who bet on low energy consumption and passive cooling systems without noisy fans.
The new chips are the next generation of the “Gemini Lake Refresh” of 2019, but now with a new architecture called Tremont. It is manufactured in 10nm technological processes and we have already seen it equipping the main processing core of the hybrid “Lakefield” processors, which Intel has created for new devices such as the foldable Surface Neo.
- Tiger Lake: 11th generation Intel Core processors are here
- TCL’s new NXTPAPER display looks thin as a paper
- GeForce RTX 30: Everything you need to know
The company claims that these cores should generate a 30% performance increase over the previous “Goldmont” architecture. It also includes improvements at the ISA (Instruction Set Architecture) level, increased cache size, security features and power management, as well as the relative benefits of improving the 10nm process.
Intel Jasper Lake models
The leaked list includes three SKUs for desktops with a 10-watt TDP consumption and another three laptops with a 6-watt TDP :
- Pentium Silver N6005: 4 cores/4 threads clocked from 2 to 3.3GHz. Integrated Intel Gen 11 graphics. 4.5MB L2 cache.
- Celeron N5105: 4 cores/4 threads clocked from 2 to 2.8GHz. Integrated Intel Gen 11 graphics. 4MB L2 cache.
- Celeron N4505: 2 cores/2 threads clocked from 2 to 2.9GHz. Integrated Intel Gen 11 graphics. 4MB L2 cache.
- Pentium Silver N6000: 4 cores/4 threads clocked from 1 to 3.1GHz. Integrated Intel Gen 11 graphics. 4MB L2 cache.
- Celeron N5100: 4 cores/4 threads clocked from 1.1 to 2.8GHz. Integrated Intel Gen 11 graphics. 4MB L2 cache.
- Celeron N4500: 2 cores/2 threads clocked from 1.1 to 2.8GHz. Integrated Intel Gen 11 graphics. 4MB L2 cache.
The Jasper Lake processors will be available in early 2021 following an official presentation expected at CES in Las Vegas next January. Different and several levels below the Tiger Lake presented last week at IFA 2020, but suitable for the large group of inexpensive PCs that a good number of consumers are looking for.