The eternal wait has come to an end. After a batch of betas and some unexpected changes, Apple has officially released the update for iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5. In this article we discuss all the news that it includes as well as the method to perform the installation.
What’s new in iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5?
This is an update expected by many users, since the user experience with the previous one has not been too good. This is why there are high hopes for iOS 13.5 for solving both bugs and excessive battery consumption by the iPhone or iPad. During the round of betas we have been able to verify that the experience is quite good in this regard.
But in addition to this bug resolution, iOS 13.5 includes the much talked about API for developers that aims to combat COVID-19. With this API it will be possible to develop applications that warn users if they are close to another person. But keep in mind that we are talking about a simple API and not a native application that will be included once the device is updated.
Apple and Google have offered the tools and now it is the turn of the health authorities to develop applications that have this purpose of containment and prevention. Although at first we may think that we are facing an interesting API, the truth is that there is no free state of discussion, since it is said that it can violate the privacy of users.
In addition to this API and the resolution of the performance bug, there are many other innovations that are attached in the notes that accompany this update. These are as follows:
- Simplified unlock process for devices with Face ID when wearing a face mask
- Password field is automatically presented after swiping up from the bottom of the lock screen when wearing a face mask
- Also works when authenticating with App Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iTunes and other apps that support Face ID login
- Option to control automatic prominence in group FaceTime calls so that video tiles don’t resize when a participant speaks
- Addresses an issue in which users may see a black screen when trying to play videos from some websites
- Fixed an issue in the shared sheet where hints and actions might not load
This is tremendously interesting since in these months when we must wear a mask when going down the street, it is difficult to unlock the iPhone. This is why Apple has facilitated unlocking in these cases so that the possibility of entering the unlock code appears.
How to install iOS 13.5 and iPadOS 13.5?
We always recommend having the devices as up-to-date as possible to enjoy all the security patches and what’s new. In the event that you decided to install the iOS beta without being a developer, it will surely not come out as having the GM does not appear this version as they are identical. If it is not your case, you simply must follow the following steps:
- On iPhone or iPad go to Settings.
- Scroll down to General> Software Update.
- After a loading time, you can download the update.
- It may take some time to search for this update depending on how crowded the servers are. If this is your case, we recommend waiting a while until they are less saturated and even restarting the device.
Here are other details from Apple.