We prepared a Demon Beast Canyon guide for Lost Ark players. We will answer everything in detail, where is the canyon, is it hard to finish the quest, boss mechanics and recommended consumables and engravings are explained below.
The first Abyssal Dungeon that the flood of gamers in Lost Ark will encounter is Demon Beast Canyon, and it’s a rather straightforward introduction to the system. At least Item Level 340 is required for entry, and the rewards can be used to build Epic-Rareity Armor and Weapons for Tier 1 gear.
- 1 Where is Demon Beast Canyon Lost Ark?
- 2 Is Demon Beast Canyon hard?
- 3 Lost Ark Demon Beast Canyon quick guide
- 4 Recommended consumables and engravings
Demon Beast Canyon, like the majority of Abyssal Dungeons, is a modified version of one of the primary story quest Dungeons with additional enemies, mechanics, hints of certain Lore, and a few additional mob-clearing portions scattered throughout. Here’s a look at what this Dungeon comprises specifically and how more inexperienced Lost Ark endgame gamers can complete it. Now let’s start our Lost Ark Demon Beast Canyon guide!
Where is Demon Beast Canyon Lost Ark?
The first dungeon you encounter after the endgame is the Tier 1 Abyssal Demon Beast Canyon Abyss Dungeon, which is situated in Ancient Elveria. You must first obtain Level 50 on your character and Level 340 on your items in order to enter the dungeon.
Is Demon Beast Canyon hard?
While not as difficult as later dungeons, this one is your introduction to more difficult four-player content. To complete it, you’ll still need to be familiar with the boss mechanics. This guide will assist you and your crew if you need assistance with the Hideous Scarkril battle.
Lost Ark Demon Beast Canyon quick guide
The Abyssal Dungeon will be covered in detail in this book, however some players may already be familiar with the most of it. Here is a quick reference guide and reminder of the key information for these players to keep in mind while they grind out weekly gold or possible card packs.
- The dungeon is divided into three parts: a linear mob clear, the confrontation against Corrupter Vazuela, a subsequent lengthier mob clear, and Vile Scarkrill.
- Avoid the red and concentrate on DPS for both bosses.
- Corrupted Vazuela’s spinning attack can be countered. When a pool of blood appears beneath the player who has the crosshair icon above them, they should flee to the arena’s edge.
- Between the first and second minutes of the battle, the Vile Scarkrill switches to stealth mode. Players have two options: either completely disregard this mechanic or have Scarkrill teleport onto the orbs around the arena to break them and put a stop to it.
- Aside from HP Potions, no consumables are actually required for this dungeon.
Continue reading if you want a more detailed explanation of both bosses or if you have to cope with pretty much soloing the dungeon because of bots invading.
First Section: The bridge
Players first come into contact with Garum, the Winged Terror, as they enter the Abyssal Dungeon. It is virtually entirely the same as the story quest version of this segment, which is rather elementary. Take out the corrupted corpses clambering up from the sides by just following the bridge.
Abyssal Dungeons’ mob-clearing sections are pleasant little palate cleansers, but when players are attempting to finish their weekly challenges quickly, they’re not exactly something to enjoy about the game. Corrupted Vazuela is encountered once players enter the wide courtyard near the bottom of the map.
Second Section: Corrupted Vazuela
Corrupted Vazuela, the first “boss” that players will meet in an Abyssal Dungeon, is this enormous blob of blood and meat. Corrupted Vazuela’s mechanics are as simple as they come. Dodging the red, avoiding anything that appears to be an environmental danger on the ground, and hesitantly saving Counter skills for when the boss lights blue are all prudent strategies.
The Vazuela’s only actual “mechanic” is to produce a mildly damaging pool of Blood beneath the player who has the crosshair icon over their head. To prevent it from harming any allies, whomever in the group receives this icon should flee the battle until a pool of blood appears, at which point they can return to battling the boss.
Here are all of Vazuela’s other attack mechanics:
- Swipe: Standard swiping attack that almost all of the bosses in Lost Ark have; it deals little damage and is primarily intended to break up a player’s combination.
- Rolling Charge: Counter-able. Before moving ahead and throwing players back, Corrupted Vazuela begins by developing a spin-dash resembling that of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Jump Slam: The most devastating move used by Vazuela. Before placing a red telegraph on top of a player and landing on it, the boss leaps up and out of view. A second shockwave then emanates from the collision in a wider ring around the initial impact. Players can avoid the initial slam and then move in close proximity to the boss to avoid the subsequent shockwave.
Third Section: Defeat the Necromancers
Following the quest markers, eliminating all Necromancers and Corpses in three distinct locations, and then lining up to load into the Vile Scarkrill encounter is the longest part of this Dungeon.
To move through this stage swiftly, use AoE Skills. Players can rush the ritual circle of a necromancer and utilize their AoEs to eliminate both the necromancers and the corpses that spawn from these ritual circles.
Final Section: Vile Scarkrill
Vile Scarkrill is rather simplistic, much like Corrupted Vazuela (especially compared to other Raids or even the recently introduced Argos Abyssal Raid). Even at the lowest recommended Item Level, it shouldn’t take more than two to three minutes for players to engage in combat. The most frustrating thing about this boss is what occurs if one particular ally decides not to skip the closing cutscene after killing it. It is undeniably more nimble than Corrupted Vazuela and is more annoying to pursue down.
Scarkrill has a lot of easily avoidable conical telegraphs rather than circular AoEs. Stealth Mode, which most parties either never see or completely disregard, is another key component of it.
Scarkrill stealth mode
Two minutes into the battle, Scarkrill switches to stealth mode. It only has access to a rudimentary teleport and spin attack while in stealth mode, which also reduces the damage it receives. In the meantime, one red orb spawns in each of the arena’s four cardinal directions.
Players are supposed to approach these orbs and stand close to them. The orbs will be destroyed by the spin attack used by Scarkrill when it teleports there. Scarkrill is momentarily knocked out for each orb destroyed. Vile Scarkrill ought to become as normal as before after doing this with each of the four orbs.
Players should be aware that once Scarkrill teleports, he’ll always use the spin attack if they find themselves receiving a lot of damage during this phase. After the teleport, players can rush away to avoid receiving damage and to break the orbs.
Scarkrill regular attack mechanics
The majority of players will overcome Scarkrill because it is the first Abyssal Dungeon before they see many of its moves. But just in case, here are some warning signs.
- Orb Shotgun: In front of it, Vile Scarkrill calls forth five red orbs, which it then shoots out in a shotgun spread pattern. It produces some stagger and moderate damage.
- Teleport & Spin: The most common combo is this one. Scarkrill teleports before quickly swiping in front of itself and attacking with a 360-degree spin.
- Hook & Chain: Scarkrill will launch a chained hook directly at a player, doing some damage and knockback in the process. Up close, it’s simple to dodge; from a distance, it’s more difficult.
- Frontal Shockwave: Vile Scarkrill places a huge conical telegraph that progressively fills on the ground. When the bar is full, the boss releases a massive red shockwave that delivers medium damage and throws everyone back. Players can deal a significant amount of DPS during the attack, and it is simple to dodge.
- Red Energy Cones: Scarkrill begins absorbing red energy on either side of it, doing minimal damage to anyone nearby. It’s an excellent attack to dodge and deal plenty of DPS damage with.
- Landmines: Randomly, the boss will place red circles on the ground, and when their telegraph is full, they will explode. damage is moderate.
Recommended consumables and engravings
Players need pack a few different Battle Items (such as Whirlwind Grenades or Time Stop Potions) and use specific Engravings for practically every other Abyssal Dungeon in Lost Ark. (such as Grudge or Cursed Doll). But neither of these is truly advised because Ancient Elveria is essentially the Abyssal Dungeon tutorial.
Players should just bring:
- HP pots.
- Whirlwind Grenades
- Optimal Class and Combat Engravings using their Engravings slots.
This concludes our Lost Ark Demon Beast Canyon guide, hope you enjoyed! Lost Ark has become the second most played in Steam history. If you want to play this trending MMORPG you can check system requirements here. Plus, if you want to know which classes are the best in the game right now, we’ve got you covered. You can download the game here. If you don’t have a Windows 11 PC, it is possible to play Lost Ark on Mac.