If you don’t know how to fix microphone not working error, we are going to help you out. This has become a common problem these days.
There are a variety of microphones, there are those integrated into laptops, tablets, phones and there are others that are external devices, such as headsets or cameras. However, there are also standard microphones that can be plugged into computers.
Although the functionalities may vary, all these devices are mainly connected to the computer, despite their purpose. Therefore, the problem microphone not working error could be related to a lot of things. Let’s see all the possible solutions.
How to fix microphone not working error?
Enable your microphone to get rid of the microphone not working error:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Choose Privacy.
- Click on the Microphone in the left panel.
- Make sure that the Let applications use my microphone feature is enabled. If not, click on the slider to Enable it.
Make sure your microphone is not muted:
- Right-click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen in the toolbar (right next to the date and time).
- Select Sounds.
- Above, select Record.
- Select your microphone and click on Properties.
- Select the Levels tab and turn the sound on (to the maximum if you wish).
Run the Troubleshooter to fix microphone not working error:
- Right-click on the Start button and then select Settings.
- Choose Updates and Security.
- In the left panel, select Troubleshooter.
- There are two troubleshooters you should run, depending on the problem you are having: Record Audio or Speak.
- Click on them and select Run Troubleshooter (if you are not sure, just run both).
- Windows will alert you about any problems detected and will try to fix them.
Update the Windows operating system:
- Go to Settings -> Updates and Security.
- In the right pane, click Check for updates.
- Windows will automatically install a new update (if one is available).
- Restart your computer.
Update or reinstall drivers:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Click Audio Input and Output.
- Select your microphone.
- Right-click on Update Driver.
- Click on Automatically check for updated drivers.
- Restart your PC.