If you don’t know how to use Microsoft 365 in a web browser, we are going to help you out in this guide. Using Microsoft 365 in the web browser is a convenient way to manage your documents from almost any device, anytime, anywhere. The easiest way to use the Microsoft Office suite in a web browser is to use OneDrive and/or the Office browser extension.
The Microsoft 365 suite includes a set of well-known tools aimed at organizing and increasing your productivity. The tools of the Microsoft 365 suite can be used online or offline. Working with any Microsoft 365 tool in your web browser requires a good Internet connection as all your work will be automatically saved in the dedicated space of OneDrive.
In addition, you can install the Office extension for quick access to all your documents. A Microsoft account is mandatory and you will need to log in before using any of the online tools.
How to use Microsoft 365 in a web browser?
- After logging into your Microsoft account, you will see the panel with all the applications available in your suite. You can open a specific document format or launch OneDrive directly and create documents in the cloud.
- Once you are on OneDrive > click Create > select the desired file type. As you start editing a document, changes are automatically saved.
- If you need to edit a document at a later date, open OneDrive > Files > select file > Edit > Edit in (document type) for the web. It is not necessary to save your changes.
- You must install a web version of Outlook to use it in Chrome.
You can also open Outlook on the browser by signing in to your Microsoft account
- Select Customize and check Google Chrome (the three dots) at the top of the window.
- Select Install Outlook.