RE4 remake Mercenaries mode is a twist on the long-running wave-based assault mode used in many Resident Evil titles, including the original Resident Evil 4. This game includes time-attack challenges in which the player must destroy as many foes as possible before time runs out – or perish trying.
In this mode, players choose one of the numerous characters to play on one of three primary levels (two of which are available from the start and others that may be acquired through time).
You will gain points by harming and killing the creatures that spawn across the game and little time benefits for each enemy you kill. Each character begins with a unique loadout of weapons and armor, and abilities that are unique to that character.
How to unlock RE4 remake Mercenaries mode?
RE4 remake Mercenaries mode will be available as free DLC for the game. This implies that you’ll need to upgrade your Resident Evil 4 Remake copy as soon as it becomes available.
Then, much as in the original Resident Evil 4 from 2005 and the more recent Resident Evil: Village, players must finish the main story campaign to unlock the Mercenaries mode in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
RE4 remake Mercenaries: Characters
The Mercenaries features four playable characters. Leon S. Kennedy will be the sole player available when you initially unlock The Mercenaries.
To unlock another character, you must earn at least four stars on each stage. Each character has a different amount of health, weaponry, and melee attacks.
Leon, the primary protagonist of Resident Evil 4, possesses the most diverse arsenal of weaponry to deal with every threat imaginable, as well as a laser sight and scope for improved accuracy.
- Name: Leon
- Unlocking instructions: Default
- Weapons in the start: SG-09 R Handgun, Riot Gun Shotgun, Stingray Rifle, Combat Knife
- Starting items: Laser Sight, High-power Scope, First Aid Spray, Handgun Ammo x30, Shotgun Shells x10, Rifle Ammo x5
- Mayhem mode ability: All abilities, including attack power and speed, are enhanced.
The gallant knight and women man Luis is a specialist combatant who prefers his hard-hitting pistol and slow but precise rifle over Leon’s arsenal of weaponry.
- Name: Luis Serra
- Unlocking instructions: Default Character
- Weapons in the start: Red9 Handgun, SR M1903 Rifle, Boot Knife
- Starting items: Biosensor Scope, Flash Grenade, First Aid Spray x2, Handgun Ammo x30, Rifle Ammo x5
- Mayhem mode ability: Can trigger dynamite to detonate after a short time or if shot directly.
Krauser, Leon’s tutor, and special forces operator, used tremendous force in all of his strikes, foregoing regular armament in favor of a fighting bow with explosive arrows and a huge knife.
- Name: Jack Krauser
- Unlocking instructions: Get an A Rank as either Leon or Luis
- Weapons in the start: Combat Bow, TMP Submachine Gun, Fighting Knife
- Starting items: Flash Grenade x3, First Aid Spray, Explosive Arrow x3, Submachine Gun Ammo x30
- Mayhem mode ability: Mutation enables strong close-quarters or thrust assaults.
Hunk, the mysterious Umbrella Security Service operative, is a highly specialized figure who clears a route with only a submachine pistol and a slew of grenades.
- Name: Leon Kennedy
- Unlocking instructions: Get an A Rank as Krauser
- Weapons at the start: LE 5 Submachine Gun, Boot Knife
- Starting items: Hand Grenade x3, First Aid Spray, Submachine Gun Ammo x160
- Mayhem mode ability: Ammo for his Submachine Gun becomes unlimited.
How to achieve the highest score in the RE4 remake Mercenaries?
To achieve the highest possible score, players must employ clever strategies to avoid becoming overwhelmed and eliminate foes in a timely way to keep the clock ticking.
Furthermore, injuring and destroying foes will fill a “Mayhem Meter“, which each character may use to activate a distinct Mayhem Mode, giving them a limited opportunity to cause even more damage.
First, gather items and orbs
There are few adversaries in the start, making movement easy. It is advised that you collect Orbs at the start of the game.
Increase the time and fight for a longer period
Even if you still have HP or foes left, once the time limit is reached, the game will be immediately completed. Increase the duration as much as possible to achieve a good score by struggling for a longer period.
In addition, any time remaining after completion will be increased by 1,000 points and added to your total.
Use mayhem mode
Mayhem Mode appears to be restricted to Mercenaries’ characters, which will provide them powerful deathblow techniques. When you destroy foes, the gauge fills up, allowing you to engage in Mayhem Mode for a limited time. Attacks in Mayhem Mode will grant you additional points, which will help you improve your score.
RE4 remake Mercenaries mode rewards
Get S Rank (200,000 points or above) on all three stages (Village/Castle/Island) to obtain the Hand Cannon. To unlock the Hand Cannon in the regular game, you must “complete Professional Mode without using a Bonus Weapon”. However, if you play Mercenaries, you will not have to complete the hard mode of the main story in order to earn this unique weapon.
If you are not yet playing the remake of the classic game, check out its Steam page and come back to us. We have many other guides that will assist you throughout the game.