If you don’t know what Event Pass Evolved is in League of Legends, no worries, we are going to explain it all.
Riot Games is changing the ways it sells the rarest cosmetics in League of Legends, as with the growing number of skins and other in-game content available to buy these days.
With the start of Patch 12.6’s Mythic Content Overhaul, game event passes will be updated, combining the current Token Shop system with more conventional battle passes. Here’s a summary of what the Event Pass Evolved is in League of Legends.
The Mythic Content Overhaul begins with patch 12.6 next week. Today is your last chance to spend your Prestige Points—they expire Thursday, March 24 at 1 PM PDT and won't roll over to the new system!
— League of Legends (@LeagueOfLegends) March 23, 2022
What is the Event Pass Evolved in League of Legends?
The game’s event passes will be updated in Riot’s third and final stage of mythic content changes, combining the current Token Shop system with more conventional battle passes.
Players will be able to earn XP through playing games and completing objectives, as well as collecting tokens and other goodies as they level up with the battle pass.
All the rewards spread across different event mission types today are consolidating into a 50-level rewards lineup with paid and free tracks, according to the League of Legends The Mythic Content Overhaul patch notes:
- Free event missions: Converted to free pass track rewards. Still includes 300 total tokens and an Event Orb, among other content. You’ll earn all free rewards by level 30.
- Pass token bank missions: Converted to paid pass track rewards at each level. After all 50 event pass levels, there’s an infinitely repeatable “51st” level for pass holders that grants tokens.
- Pass milestone missions: Converted to paid pass track rewards.
- Pass weekly wins missions: Now grant XP instead of tokens. Stacks with First Win of the Day missions.
- Free First Win of the Day missions: Earn pass XP for your first win (or 3 played matches) each day. Like the standard First Win mission, this is a use-it-or-lose-it model; you can’t accrue multiple First Win missions.
Players will still be able to spend the tokens they earn in a Token Shop, and when the new Event Pass goes live, Riot says that it will adjust the tuning to ensure it does not take as long to grind 2000 tokens as it has previously.
Event passes will still cost 1650 RP and include four Event Orbs and 200 Event Tokens. Riot also will keep the 2650 RP bundle that includes the base skin of the event’s Prestige, its border, and its icon.