If you don’t know how to use the Immersive Reader feature of Microsoft Edge, we are going to help you out. Immersive Reader is a very useful tool. It has many functions that even include grammatical aids, such as highlighting parts of speech with different colors or separating syllables.
You can access the Immersive Reader on Microsoft Edge by clicking on the address bar and then on the specific icon on the right, or by pressing the F9 key. Microsoft Edge is developing quite fast with many interesting features.
How to use the Immersive Reader feature of Microsoft Edge?
You can access the Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader by clicking on the address bar and then clicking on the specific icon on the right, or by pressing the F9 key. You will see a horizontal drop-down menu with 4 options.
How to listen to texts using Immersive Reader?
- Click on the first option, Read aloud
- The reading will start immediately. If you are not satisfied with the voice or reading speed, you can also click on the Voice option in the upper right corner and change it to. You will notice that the words read will be highlighted.
How to change the preferences on Immersive Reader?
- The second option, Text Preference, allows you to change the size of the text, the space between the words, and the theme of the page. The most interesting one is the Page Theme Change option.
- Simply click on them and watch the background change so you can protect your eyes while reading.
How to use grammar tools?
- If you click on the Grammar Tools button, you will see options to separate syllables, highlight different parts of the text, etc.
- They are off by default, but we can activate them. This is a great tool for children, or anyone trying to learn English grammar, of course.
How to translate a text using Immersive Reading?
Probably the most useful feature of Immersive Reader is the option to translate the text into available languages.
- After you turn on the Immersive Reader, click on the reading preferences.
- Click on the Choose a Language bar and select your language preference.
- Click the Translate Full Page button from the bottom of the menu. That’s it.